E-docs/Luggage tag help?

Hi there-

I'm just a bit confused on the luggage tag thing. We received "e-docs" from our TA for our cruise that leaves next weekend. On one page is what appears to be a "sample" luggage tag (with our room number on it). Are we supposed to color-copy this, cut out the tags and tape them to our luggage before we leave? Something else? Any advice appreciated, thanks!

-K

Hi there-

I'm just a bit confused on the luggage tag thing. We received "e-docs" from our TA for our cruise that leaves next weekend. On one page is what appears to be a "sample" luggage tag (with our room number on it). Are we supposed to color-copy this, cut out the tags and tape them to our luggage before we leave? Something else? Any advice appreciated, thanks!

-K

When you get to the airport/terminal, you can ask any RCI Rep/porter for blank luggage tags and then you can fill them in there and attach to your luggage.

Having never received e-docs, I guess, if you have a copy machine available, you could make copies and then fold and tape them to your luggage. I would suggest you do this once you get to the terminal as they might become lost during your flight.

I have seen some of the tags laminated as they will not last with normal paper I don't think.

Or put the paper copy inside a clear bought baggage tag?

you should of recieved these tags in the mail,call t.a. and see if she has them,this is why i dont like the middleman:rolleyes:

You do not receive tags in the mail when you use E Docs. No matter if you book through a TA or direct with the cruise line.

once you arrive at the destination airport, I have found you usually have plenty of time to put the tags on the bags. If you are not going directly to the ship, but going to a hotel, you will still have time at the pier when you arrive to get the tags and place them on your bags. I kept a copy of the tag that came with my EDocs with my SeaPass. This way it was right where I needed it. Good Sailing, Murf.

We, too received e-docs. I made copies of the page with the tag and had my daughter make tags out of them using a Fed Ex envelope and yarn. She cut the tag out, taped it to a piece of a Fed Ex envelope that was cut to match it's size. She used clear packing tape to seal it up from water, and then punched a hole in it to string the yarn through. Sorry for all of the detail, but I thought she came up with an ingenious way to secure our tags for check-in. We're driving so airports were not a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ok, sounds like we should just bring the e-doc sample tag and deal with it upon arrival. No, GuidingLight, we'll actually be on the Adventure this Sunday. Thanks everyone.

Hi,

Two weeks ago we sailed the AOS ( June 22 sailing). We had a 'guarantee' cabins, so there were no tags and we were not sure what cabins we will get ( they can be changed even at last moment).

We arrived by taxi at the terminal about 11:30 AM. There was a very short line moving quickly to the sea terminal and another even shorter line ( 2 people ahead of me) to the port employees that take the luggage. They have the manifest of all the people sailing on that particular date. They looked up my name grabbed two tags, put the number of the cabin on each tag, extended the hand to get the tip, attached the tags to the luggage and put the luggage on a large cart ...... that was it .....it took about 2 minutes.

Then we got in the line to the terminal, about 5 minutes later we were inside at the counter ( RCI rep / employee) getting our credit cards ( that we planned on using for the on board charges) scaned and getting our SeaPasses.

About 5 more minutes and we were aboard the AOS.

Enjoy your cruise.

Wes

I also take sticker return address labels to apply the reverse side of each luggage tag.

Darlene

:confused: OK, I'm missing something here. Do you mean address labels with your home address on? I don't want to miss out on any good advice, but I don't yet see how this is going to help when I'm boarding the ship.

'Splain please?

Lisa

Lisa,

Yes, those sticky address labels have our home address on them...just in case. Whether the bags get lost or if they need to double-check the manifest for room numbers, it's just an extra precaution.

Darlene

Lisa,

Yes, those sticky address labels have our home address on them...just in case. Whether the bags get lost or if they need to double-check the manifest for room numbers, it's just an extra precaution.

Darlene

OK, that makes sense. Thanks!

Lisa

We needed tags for our AOS cruise (we had upgraded cabins prior to sailing). I went online to officemax and got clear luggage tags...typed our name and cabin number on them, they self laminate and then attached them right before we went on the ship. They worked great. I tried to find them in staples, officemax (stores) but couldn't so I ordered them online. They were great.

:confused: OK, I'm missing something here. Do you mean address labels with your home address on? I don't want to miss out on any good advice, but I don't yet see how this is going to help when I'm boarding the ship.

'Splain please?

Lisa

Totally unnecessary. The printed luggage tags you get from the cruise line don't have your address on them, just your name and cabin number. Your own luggage tags have your address on them, I put ours inside the bag as well.

We've gotten luggage tags at the port several times, it's not a big deal, they even have a pen to write your information on them. Unless there is a line, it takes all of a minute or two.

People can print out the tags, laminate and attach them yourself if you really need something to while away the time while waiting for the cruise :)

Archived