Travel Channel-Carnival Inspiration show starts in less than an hour 7/5/08

ChrissyBTX

For anyone that missed this (I did), it starts today at 2:00 CST, 3:00 EST

Samantha Brown - Inspiration - Travel Channel

Thanks so much. We are going to be on the Inspiration in November. Can't wait. We are going to surprise our daughter with this cruise for her 21st birthday and I am going to TIVO this and use it when we surprise her early (a month or 2 before her birthday) with the news.

Thanks so much. We are going to be on the Inspiration in November. Can't wait. We are going to surprise our daughter with this cruise for her 21st birthday and I am going to TIVO this and use it when we surprise her early (a month or 2 before her birthday) with the news.

There have been alot of negatives posted about this particular Samantha Brown episode. I love Samantha Brown and I'm watching this just out of curiousity. I haven't sailed the Inspiration, but from what lots of other folks have said, it's a great cruise. So, if you don't like this show for any reason, don't let that be a deterent from the cruise.

I took my boys on their very first cruise when the oldest one turned 21. It was a surprise. They had no idea where we were going. I just told them to pack for warm weather and that we were going to go on a plane to get to our destination. You should have seen their faces when we drove up to the ship. We went on a really OLD ship, Carnival Tropicale, out of San Juan. It was the BEST cruise we've ever been on. We'll never forget it. You'll have a super time!

There have been alot of negatives posted about this particular Samantha Brown episode. I love Samantha Brown and I'm watching this just out of curiousity. I haven't sailed the Inspiration, but from what lots of other folks have said, it's a great cruise. So, if you don't like this show for any reason, don't let that be a deterent from the cruise.

I took my boys on their very first cruise when the oldest one turned 21. It was a surprise. They had no idea where we were going. I just told them to pack for warm weather and that we were going to go on a plane to get to our destination. You should have seen their faces when we drove up to the ship. We went on a really OLD ship, Carnival Tropicale, out of San Juan. It was the BEST cruise we've ever been on. We'll never forget it. You'll have a super time!

My mind was made up to take this cruise based on some of the reviews and comments on the boards here and the fact that we don't live too far from the Port of Tampa. I did watch the show with Samantha Brown and was not really impressed with her part of the show. Usually, I like her shows, but in this one she seemed somewhat bothered that people recognized her. However, I loved the parts about the ship and Cozumel. I am still excited to be going cruising again.

I loved your story of how you surprised your sons. That is so special. I would love to do that as well, but we have to worry about our daughter getting time off from work to go. I am sure she will still be thrilled.

I was extremely disappointed in this show. I waited for over a week to watch it and wish I wouldn't have, what a let down!!!

Maybe you will see it another way or maybe I expected too much. Hope you enjoy it.

My mind was made up to take this cruise based on some of the reviews and comments on the boards here and the fact that we don't live too far from the Port of Tampa. I did watch the show with Samantha Brown and was not really impressed with her part of the show. Usually, I like her shows, but in this one she seemed somewhat bothered that people recognized her. However, I loved the parts about the ship and Cozumel. I am still excited to be going cruising again.

I loved your story of how you surprised your sons. That is so special. I would love to do that as well, but we have to worry about our daughter getting time off from work to go. I am sure she will still be thrilled.

I was expecting it to be really bad after reading the reviews, but I actually liked it. I'm not saying this is one of her best shows, but I thought overall it was pretty good. She seemed really positive to me about everything on Carnival. I would have liked to have seen them on a newer, larger Carnival ship tho. Not that it matters to be, but for someone else that views the show and has never sailed on a Carnival ship before.....it might have made more of an impression.

Don't be deterred by the show! The Inspiration is one of our favorite ships. My wife and I went on a cruise last year after the refurb and loved it. Of course we are a little impartial...our first cruise was on the Inspriration when it ran 7 days, it is located a hop, skip, and a jump from our home in Lakeland, and out of 12 cruises we have taken 3 on the Inspiration and a 4th coming up in December. We loved the adult area... and the staff just seems to be the friendliest of the cruise line! We also love Cozemel having been there several times over the past few years. We found a fantastic beach that limits the number of people to 100(20 the day we were there). All you can drink and a full meal at your leasure. A very quiet beach not a party atmosphere... just down the road from the party beach the Carnival excursion goes to....

We didnt really enjoy the show either

we did love the Imagination (which if I am not mistaken is the Inspiration's sister ship)

and we love Cozumel, and think the midnight buffet art/food is a sight...and yes we took pictures

samantha just comes off as stuck up to us in this show....just our opinion

Don't be deterred by the show! The Inspiration is one of our favorite ships. My wife and I went on a cruise last year after the refurb and loved it. Of course we are a little impartial...our first cruise was on the Inspriration when it ran 7 days, it is located a hop, skip, and a jump from our home in Lakeland, and out of 12 cruises we have taken 3 on the Inspiration and a 4th coming up in December. We loved the adult area... and the staff just seems to be the friendliest of the cruise line! We also love Cozemel having been there several times over the past few years. We found a fantastic beach that limits the number of people to 100(20 the day we were there). All you can drink and a full meal at your leasure. A very quiet beach not a party atmosphere... just down the road from the party beach the Carnival excursion goes to....

Care to share the name of the beach/directions, etc.?

She doesn't act like she's (recently) married. I've watched her other new weekend shows and she's always making comments about the good looking guys. She spent a weekend in Miami with two of her old college friends and they acted like 21-year old single girls.

Archived