Princess Blackstone Adventure Cruise in Whittier

WhyNott

I booked the Blackstone Adventure Cruise with Princess the day we get off the Coral Princess in Whittier. Now, I'm starting to think that its too many glaciers in too short of a time.

I would really appreciate some advice and first hand information. We have four full days in Alaska after we disembark. There are my self and wife (40s), our two daughters (10 & 14) and my mother (60s).

Thanks.

We did the Blackstone Glacier Cruise in Whittier with our 2 19 year olds and did enjoy it. The boat is nice, the crew knowledgeable, the scenery - well - more of good old spectacular Alaska, and yes, another glacier.

And it kind of does get to that point, but when are you going to get to do this again? There was plenty of wildlife coming and going from the glacier, and we did get in fairly close to the glacier face. We also had an unexpected bit of excitement, as one of the passengers alerted the captain to smoke coming from an islet, and we found a pair of stranded fisherman. They were prepared to be stranded - adequate food, shelter, clothing - alerted the coast guard - on our way back we were the chosen transport to take them back into Whittier. They were fine.

Anyway, you can always turn the tickets back in if you decide not to take the excursion, but might as well plan out your 4 days of sightseeing and determine if you wanted to get an earlier start out of Whittier or take the time for this trip.

We did enjoy it......

Archived