Easy Luggage Check

Jolynn2262

I posted this at the Baltics board by received no reply.

Is there still some type of easy check for your luggage when coming off the Crown in Copenhagen. The type where you sign up and pay a fee to get your boarding pass and such the night before, set your luggage out, and then Princess does the rest and you see your bags again in your home city? I realize there must be another step somewhere because of customs, but am wondering if they still have the program, just modified. I used this after my Alaska cruise and loved it. It was so easy.

I'm on SAS back to the states by the way. I know it is not offered for all airlines.

I don't think it's available for international flights and probably especially not with a non-US-flagged carrier. Copenhagen is really strict on airport security, or at least they were when I was there recently, asking many, many questions about your bags and where they'd been and who packed them -- all the stuff that US airports no longer bother with. So I'd be really surprised if they permitted EasyCheck there. . . Probably the only way to find out is to call Princess, but bear in mind that their CSRs are only accurate about 65% of the time! I would just wait and see but I wouldn't count on it being offered.

Archived