come on dont be shy

debs44

We have a roll call for our sailing on august 3rd Gem med cruise, and only about 3 people have replied, surely there must be some others out there on this sailing, come and join us for a meet and greet, it seems we have not had many reviews from the recent gem sailings either any ideas why?

thanks

We have a roll call for our sailing on august 3rd Gem med cruise, and only about 3 people have replied, surely there must be some others out there on this sailing, come and join us for a meet and greet, it seems we have not had many reviews from the recent gem sailings either any ideas why?

thanks

Sometimes people either do not know they exist, or how to find them. So...

Click on BOARDS at the top left, then scroll down to ROLL CALLS.

Sometimes people either do not know they exist, or how to find them. So...

...and then there are others who don't care to join. We, for example, do not join. We'd rather leave it to chance to meet another couple to connect with.

oops have i started something here, the only reason i was curious to have a meet, was my MIL has been a CC member for a few years and always joined the meets on board, and found them great to break the ice also nice for my kids to know some others before the kids club, sorry

...and then there are others who don't care to join. We, for example, do not join. We'd rather leave it to chance to meet another couple to connect with.

I meant to add that. There are lots of people that just read messages. And others thay may be active, but do not care to join roll calls. All kinds are here. And of course, only a very small percentage of those on the entire ship even know CruiseCritic exists.

But, check out the roll call for your cruise, and check back often. Save it as a favorite to make it easier.

Hi

I have been following the roll call for this sailing and there do seem to be very few of us - maybe more will join in the next few weeks. I look forward to meeting you on board

Elana [lannie62]

The main reason for our reticence is as follows: You go to the M&G and have a nice conversation with a few other cruisers. They are pleasant enough alright, but you are not really interested in building a relationship. They, on the other hand, want to join you at your table. What to do? How can you avoid someone on the ship without being obvious? You don't want to offend, but the two of you like to eat alone.

Lest y'all think we are anti-social, not so. We may be socially challenged (introverts), but on our last cruise we hooked up with another couple and really hit it off. As a result, we will cruise together in 09 and 10. That is true serendipity!

Juergen (and Helen)

get your meaning, it can be awkward hubby isnt overly keen on M&G due to this reason, but MIL said that with the staff who attend each give there card so any problems (hopefully none) you can bypass reception and talk directly to the crew member concerned and somehow seem to get preferential treatment, (ie MIL got free bottles of wine in cabin and a comp meal at one of the speciality restaurants) also a good chance for my kids to get to know other kids

Archived