Any Discounts for Carnival Cruises

Hello,

I am looking into booking a carnival cruise and was wondering if anyone knew of any Carnival discounts. We are more concerned with saving money than with a nice view, so upgrades really aren't worth it to us. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Hello,

I am looking into booking a carnival cruise and was wondering if anyone knew of any Carnival discounts. We are more concerned with saving money than with a nice view, so upgrades really aren't worth it to us. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Military Discount is probably the best discount that Carnival has to offer.

Fred

look for "Carnival coupons" in ebay

I bought a 100 off coupon for 5 bucks there.. waiting it to arrive to see if it will work, but I learned from somebody from this forums who said it did work for him.

look for "Carnival coupons" in ebay

I bought a 100 off coupon for 5 bucks there.. waiting it to arrive to see if it will work, but I learned from somebody from this forums who said it did work for him.

Hard to believe that you fell for that one! Guess it's good that it only cost you $5.

Those 100.00 off coupons have alot of restrictions, this is the one I don't like since I usually book Cat.1a or 4a cabins:

Applies to purchases at the available rates for stateroom categories 6A through 12 (excluding 6E and 9A). *

This is combinable with our low Super Saver Rates. Valid thru Dec 31, 2008. Details on back: "Certificate may be redeemed at any travel agent and is valid on selected 3, 4, 5, 7 day or longer Carnival cruises departing prior to December 31, 2008. * Applies to new individual bookings only. Limit one certificate per stateroom. * Offer is capacity controlled and space may be limited on certain cruises. Certain restrictions apply. Specified cruises may be excluded at any time. Christmas and New Year's cruises will not be available. * Applies to purchases at the available rates for stateroom categories 6A through 12 (excluding 6E and 9A).

* Offer is combinable with Carnival's Super Saver program. * Offer is not combinable with any other discount, promotional offer or groups. * Savings for single occupancy bookings is $50 for 7 day or longer cruises and $25 for 3, 4, and 5 day cruises. * Only original certificates will be accepted. Reproductions will not be accepted. * Certificate has no cash value and savings amount is expressed in U.S. dollars. * Certificate must be submitted with deposit payment. Savings amount may not be deducted from deposit amount.

If its the entertainment coupon for $100 my TA took it.. I have learned that one has to shop for a good TA who is willing to go the extra mile.

After dealing with the fiasco with the group cruise that we canceled...I learned alot speaking with many many TA's. I got a few recommendations from some friends.. did some research.. I think I got lucky.

It's usually about 10% but not available on all sailings. There are some online sites that will give you the cost or call Carnival and they can tell you if it is an option on a specific cruise.

If you don't mind where your cabin is, look at the rates for Guaranteed IS cabins. They are frequently considerably less money than even 4A cabins and you often get an upgrade one or more floors.

Also look at specials being run by a travel agency, especially an online one. They often have onboard credits if you book cruises at a particular time or with a particular credit card.

And if you're not military, you still might qualify for senior, past passenger or resident discounts.

I've found the best reductions by comparison shopping on-line TAs. We went on the Victory with a senior citizen discount 5 days for 349.00 last month. This is only the second time I've done this, I'm sure there are more savvy people out there who can do even better.

Archived