Just Returned From Alaska/Rhapsody

OK, then,

Has anyone heard of them switching which pier to depart from? I hear there is a new one a little away from the others.

Supposedly next year the cruiselines that are currently using Terminal 30 will switch to Pier 91 which is north of downtown.

We're sailing on the 22nd and since we are flying out in the afternoon after we get back, we booked an excursion from the ship that will drop us off at the airport. Does anyone know if they will have us wait in a special area on the ship before we get off? I am sure they will have something on the excursion ticket telling us where to meet after we get off but I was wondering if we stay together and then get off together to claim our luggage and then board the bus.

Thanks.

Sandy

I just returned Friday night from Alaska on Rhapsody of the Seas. We had a wonderful time, the weather was fabulous, cool with lots of sunshine in every port. The ship was great, the food was great and all the ports were great fun also. Stayed very busy and saw a lot. I will answer questions if any one has them. One thing I will comment on was the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers, they were the best I've seen on any of my previous cruises. This crew really has some talent.

We stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel in Seattle pre cruise. This place is wonderful! The staff is very friendly and accomadating. it's very centrally located we walked everywhere and took the monorail. The hotel is connected to Westlake Center and the monorail station. I would definately stay there again.:D

Hi I know we were on the same cruise but where did you find great weather? We had rain in Juneau, & Prince Rupert. 2 out of 3 ports.I do agree with you about the dancers & singers! I will add that the staff were wonderful too! I big shout out to Derek, Joyce, & Padro just to say hi!:D

Great time on the Rhapsody. Did we meet you and not know it? Too many cruising days. Not happy that we missed Tracey Ann Fjords. Bogus glacier instead. Might have been better if we saw the other glacier in the middle of the day and not at 7AM. Rainy every day except one! Did you notice the toilets weren't working correctly? We were in the "adult day care" with Derek almost every night.

Great shows, people, memories.

Next cruise will be in a DRY & Hot place. This was our first cruise, would love to see other ships but would miss the staff we met.

:D BEST tour we took was with Alaska Mountain Guides (private) Kaiaking 1/2 day took the fast ferry from Skagway to Haines.

We're sailing on the 22nd and since we are flying out in the afternoon after we get back, we booked an excursion from the ship that will drop us off at the airport. Does anyone know if they will have us wait in a special area on the ship before we get off? I am sure they will have something on the excursion ticket telling us where to meet after we get off but I was wondering if we stay together and then get off together to claim our luggage and then board the bus.

Thanks.

Sandy

I have done that in LA & we were told where to all meet together & the whole group met together and we went off the ship in a group. Our tag color was for excursions. See you soon Sandy

I have done that in LA & we were told where to all meet together & the whole group met together and we went off the ship in a group. Our tag color was for excursions. See you soon Sandy

hi YOUR LIFE LINE IS THE COMPASS! READ IT AND KEEP IT. You get a new one every night for the next day!

We just returned from the Rhapsody in Alaska. Bring you umbrella. The cruise ship will hand out different color luggage tags. Each tag stands for when you will get off the ship. At the end of your cruise. Each excursion will have a different color. You will get a paper (THE COMPASS) telling each color tag where and when to start lining up to get off the ship. They will collect the large luggage the night before to exit the cruise ship. Have fun.

Say Hi to Derek in the Schooner Lounge! Karaoke @ 10PMish every night. We had a superstar time. & we met great people !!!!:D

We did the Seattle tour after the cruise and all our luggage was in our tour bus the whole time. All the way to the air port.

Say Hi to Derek in the Schooner Lounge! Karaoke @ 10PMish every night. We had a superstar time. & we met great people !!!!:D

DEREK--I can not wait. we will be taking our I SURVIVED t-shirts with us & our Del Sol rings are on our cruise bags. you know the ones that are worth faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than 1 thousand dollars!!!!!!

DEREK--I can not wait. we will be taking our I SURVIVED t-shirts with us & our Del Sol rings are on our cruise bags. you know the ones that are worth faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than 1 thousand dollars!!!!!!

You mean Faaaaaaar less than $1000.00 dollars but the memories are PRICELESS.:D Tell Derek, Susie & John say HI!!! Pass our Hi onto Joyce & Padro also please. "The Adult day care" at night were one of the high lights we looked forward to every night. Are you going to Skagway because if you are the tour kaiaking in Haines with Alaska Mountain Guides was AWESOME!!!! Book it on your own. If you need more info. let me know

susie

You mean Faaaaaaar less than $1000.00 dollars but the memories are PRICELESS.:D Tell Derek, Susie & John say HI!!! Pass our Hi onto Joyce & Padro also please. "The Adult day care" at night were one of the high lights we looked forward to every night. Are you going to Skagway because if you are the tour kaiaking in Haines with Alaska Mountain Guides was AWESOME!!!! Book it on your own. If you need more info. let me know

susie

you are so right, my bad. it's been over a year since I've seen Derek--what a dummy I am. Does he still ahve the shakers? we bought him baby maracas in Cozumel. thanks for the correction.

who are JOyce & Padro? do you know if Chan is still a bartender on Rhapsody? he is our favorite. I'm curious to see if some of our other favorite Rhapsody crew members are on--lots of them were transferred when she went to Asia.

OK, thanks, Brenda. That's one less thing to worry about. See you on the 22nd.

Sandy

hi YOUR LIFE LINE IS THE COMPASS! READ IT AND KEEP IT. You get a new one every night for the next day!

We just returned from the Rhapsody in Alaska. Bring you umbrella. The cruise ship will hand out different color luggage tags. Each tag stands for when you will get off the ship. At the end of your cruise. Each excursion will have a different color. You will get a paper (THE COMPASS) telling each color tag where and when to start lining up to get off the ship. They will collect the large luggage the night before to exit the cruise ship. Have fun.

We did the Seattle tour after the cruise and all our luggage was in our tour bus the whole time. All the way to the air port.

Thanks. Do you remember what time you got off the ship and what time they dropped you off at the airport? We have a 3:55 flight out and I figure they will have us at the airport at about 12:30 or so with plenty of time to spare. How was the Seattle tour? We'll try to check out Derek. He must have made quite an impression on all of you.

Sandy

We are leaving for Alaska on August 22nd. Our first Alaska cruise but third time on Rhapsody. Does anyone have any recommendations for fishing trips? We would like to book something other than what the cruise line offers. There are 25 in our family celebrating my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary. I don't anticipate everyone will want to fish but I think there are enough of us to book a boat. Also, the zip line shore excursions interest me. Has anyone tried the zip lines in Alaska? Any and all recommendations for Alaska would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

you are so right, my bad. it's been over a year since I've seen Derek--what a dummy I am. Does he still ahve the shakers? we bought him baby maracas in Cozumel. thanks for the correction.

who are JOyce & Padro? do you know if Chan is still a bartender on Rhapsody? he is our favorite. I'm curious to see if some of our other favorite Rhapsody crew members are on--lots of them were transferred when she went to Asia.

Of course Derek has his shakers:eek: . Joyce ran bingo & did lots of little activities , Padro was the Indian from the Village People during the 70's show. I don't know who Chan is. Candy was at the bar right outside our hallway on the 4th. deck. (very nice).

Again I can't say enough great things about our tour to Haines from Skagway with Alaska Mountain Guides.

Do the crew members switch ships? Because I would love to see other ships but would also like to connect with old friends.

We are leaving for Alaska on August 22nd. Our first Alaska cruise but third time on Rhapsody. Does anyone have any recommendations for fishing trips? We would like to book something other than what the cruise line offers. There are 25 in our family celebrating my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary. I don't anticipate everyone will want to fish but I think there are enough of us to book a boat.

You may want to ask your question about fishing on the Alaska port of call board. If you haven't already booked a boat though, you may have trouble finding one to accommodate your party, but if anyone can help you, it will be the people on the Alaska port of call board.

Thanks. Do you remember what time you got off the ship and what time they dropped you off at the airport? We have a 3:55 flight out and I figure they will have us at the airport at about 12:30 or so with plenty of time to spare. How was the Seattle tour? We'll try to check out Derek. He must have made quite an impression on all of you.

Sandy

We had plenty of time. We got off the ship around 8:30 AM took a bus with all our luggage to Downtown Seattle 2 different stops then got dropped off @ Sea-Tac airport by about 1:20PM. My mom did the boat tour in Seattle & she got to the airport around the same time as we did. If the people I was with were more adventurous I would have tried to figure out how to see Seattle on our own then get to the Airport nearer to the time of our flight.

You will have plenty of time!

We are leaving for Alaska on August 22nd. Our first Alaska cruise but third time on Rhapsody. Does anyone have any recommendations for fishing trips? We would like to book something other than what the cruise line offers. There are 25 in our family celebrating my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary. I don't anticipate everyone will want to fish but I think there are enough of us to book a boat. Also, the zip line shore excursions interest me. Has anyone tried the zip lines in Alaska? Any and all recommendations for Alaska would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Hi there: Did you sign up for our Meet & Mingle? We need 25 for the cruise line to give us a M&M party and we have 14 signed up so far. Go to our Roll Call on the Roll Call thread also.

Sandy

We had plenty of time. We got off the ship around 8:30 AM took a bus with all our luggage to Downtown Seattle 2 different stops then got dropped off @ Sea-Tac airport by about 1:20PM. My mom did the boat tour in Seattle & she got to the airport around the same time as we did. If the people I was with were more adventurous I would have tried to figure out how to see Seattle on our own then get to the Airport nearer to the time of our flight.

You will have plenty of time!

Thanks a lot. It sounds good.

Sandy

what a blast to travel with a big group like that. Alaska is beautiful. We have a roll call--a group of folks that are on the same sailing who chat before & after the sailing. at the bottom of this post, I pasted the link to that roll call, we would love to have you sign up for our "Meet & Mingle". We have to have 25 people and at last count only had 14. If we get 25, then on the first sea day, the ship has a little party for us & we get together and put faces with names. come on over.

Of course Derek has his shakers:eek: . Joyce ran bingo & did lots of little activities , Padro was the Indian from the Village People during the 70's show. I don't know who Chan is. Candy was at the bar right outside our hallway on the 4th. deck. (very nice).

Again I can't say enough great things about our tour to Haines from Skagway with Alaska Mountain Guides.

Do the crew members switch ships? Because I would love to see other ships but would also like to connect with old friends.

I will look them up. we don't play Bingo, but will look for Joyce & Padro. We are already doing the train & private tour in Skagway, but thanks fo rhte recommendation

as far as crew goes--some stay & some transfer. many that WERE on the Rhapsody before Asia, had been on her a very long time & were really sad that they had to be transferred. I have run into some of them on other ships.

Hi there: Did you sign up for our Meet & Mingle? We need 25 for the cruise line to give us a M&M party and we have 14 signed up so far. Go to our Roll Call on the Roll Call thread also.

Sandy

I tagged his first post to say the same thing--wow if we got 1/2 of the family, we would make it & what a blast that would be. here is the link (I hope it works)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=736204&goto=newpost

:eek: :D Can't express our emotions!!!

Best Tour In Haines Via Skagway Fast Ferry

My husband , son & I booked a 1/2 day Kaiaking tour with Alaska Mountain Guides.com on our own. We were met by the cruise ship put on the fast ferry 40 min. ride met in Haines by our tour guide.(Sean) Driven to the lake while being intrigued by information and sights(bear) along the way. Demo of how to kaiak and was in AWE for the rest of the tour. Put back on the ferry after a snack of salmon and crackers and coffee or hot chocolate.

Can't say enough about Sean, our tour guide or the company he works for!!!

Give them a try you WONT be disappointed! Tell them Susie from LongIsland sent you!

Did any of you recent cruisers watch the Piano Man show? When I was on the Rhapsody in May of last year, there was a young Russian (I think) man who was the piano player and was fantastic. Anyone know if he still there?

P.S. I love Haines. I got to go there on my first two Alaska cruises, but it just didn't work out this time. :(

Archived