Snorkeling from shore - Want to see Turtles...

sheenshay

1st time to St.Thomas. We are trying to decide which beach to go to. We will be in port for one day. Want to see turtles and lots of fish. One beginner snorkler. Which beach has turtles and is still convenient enough to get back into town for some shopping? Thanks in Advance!

1st time to St.Thomas. We are trying to decide which beach to go to. We will be in port for one day. Want to see turtles and lots of fish. One beginner snorkler. Which beach has turtles and is still convenient enough to get back into town for some shopping? Thanks in Advance!

Hmmm...not sure about where to sea turtles on St. Thomas. I believe you can see them on St. John. I recall seeing some posts where they'd been spotted at Cinnamon and Hawksnest beaches. But I can't guarantee that. And, you'd be pressed for time if you wanted to shop on St. Thomas, especially if you stop at your ship to drop your gear off upon your return to St. Thomas.

If you want to stay on St. Thomas, there is decent snorkeling at Coki Beach, Sapphire Beach, Secret Harbor, and Cowpet Bay. Any of those beaches are doable in the morning with plenty of shopping time left in the afternoon for you -- even with a stop at the ship for dropping your gear off. :) Just snorkel in the morning, head back to your ship at around noon, drop your gear off, and then head into town.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived