Did anyone use Tropical Weddings Jamaica?

I am getting married next year in August. I'm doing all the research now and I've been reading that RCCL The Wedding Experience is terrible so I'm considering going on the cruise with a party of 50 and using Tropical Weddings Jamaica instead of The Wedding Experience. Has anyone used this company? I have so many questions!

Was it more expensive then doing the ceremony through RCCL?

How attentive were they?

ETC....

Thanks

I just typed up a big long response and got timed out :( ...so here's a short version

Sorry if for some reason this posts twice. I have heard good things about Tropical Weddings Jamaica. Lots of rave reviews actually! No personal experience though.

We are getting married during an RCCL cruise in Ocho Rios. We are using the planner at a local resort. We decided against TWE and Tropcial Weddings Jamaica because it was a little cheaper. Good luck!

I was in the same situation. We are sailing on Mariner of the Seas in December. After doing a lot of reading on the boards and looking at pricing through TWJ, we decided to go with TWJ for our Dec. 31 wedding in Ochos Rios. So far, I have had a very positive experience with Almarie. She is quick to respond and the prices are very affordable (cheaper than through Royal Carribean). I have not read/heard of one negative experience. Hope this helps :-)

I was in the same situation. We are sailing on Mariner of the Seas in December. After doing a lot of reading on the boards and looking at pricing through TWJ, we decided to go with TWJ for our Dec. 31 wedding in Ochos Rios. So far, I have had a very positive experience with Almarie. She is quick to respond and the prices are very affordable (cheaper than through Royal Carribean). I have not read/heard of one negative experience. Hope this helps :-)

Where in Ocho Rios are you getting married?

I just typed up a big long response and got timed out :( ...so here's a short version

Sorry if for some reason this posts twice. I have heard good things about Tropical Weddings Jamaica. Lots of rave reviews actually! No personal experience though.

We are getting married during an RCCL cruise in Ocho Rios. We are using the planner at a local resort. We decided against TWE and Tropcial Weddings Jamaica because it was a little cheaper. Good luck!

Pug3636...What resort are you getting married at? We are still trying to find a place for just the ceremony. Thanks!

Pug3636...What resort are you getting married at? We are still trying to find a place for just the ceremony. Thanks!

We had trouble finding a place for just the ceremony because most resorts are only interested in people that are staying for at least a few days. Our TA found a place called Shaw Park Beach Hotel. I've been working with their wedding coordinator and she's fabulous! Very quick to respond and all has gone really well. I've heard the hotel is older and could use updating. But, it's small, quaint, and lots of hospitality. Plus, you can't go wrong with anything that has the ocean as the backdrop! It's not by any means one of the super huge Ocho Rios mega-resorts. When are you getting married? If you would like my contact info for Shaw Park send me your email address and I will send you her information. I also have a few pictures of the gazebo location.

We had trouble finding a place for just the ceremony because most resorts are only interested in people that are staying for at least a few days. Our TA found a place called Shaw Park Beach Hotel. I've been working with their wedding coordinator and she's fabulous! Very quick to respond and all has gone really well. I've heard the hotel is older and could use updating. But, it's small, quaint, and lots of hospitality. Plus, you can't go wrong with anything that has the ocean as the backdrop! It's not by any means one of the super huge Ocho Rios mega-resorts. When are you getting married? If you would like my contact info for Shaw Park send me your email address and I will send you her information. I also have a few pictures of the gazebo location.

That would be great! I have been running into the same problem. We are geting married 1/19/09, so not having a place yet is freaking me out! Picures would be great too! Is there a large site fee? Thanks!

That would be great! I have been running into the same problem. We are geting married 1/19/09, so not having a place yet is freaking me out! Picures would be great too! Is there a large site fee? Thanks!

Email me at: atrazig at gmail dot com and I can give you the info. You are only a few weeks ahead of me! We are getting married on 2/4/09!

Archived