Turtles and Monkeys only

euuhf

Can anyone give some advice how best to swim with the turtles and see the monkeys at feeding time in one excursion? That's really all we want to do other than stroll around and shop on our own timeframe so we aren't that interested in an all day tour of everything the island has to offer. We have two kids (ages 10 and 6) so I don't think we would be wise to try to swim out to the turtles ourselves (even with floatation). Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There are many ways to do this, but I would first taxi, bus or ZR up to Folkstone Marine Park in Holetown.

From there you'll find many folks that will take you and the family out to see the Hawksbill turtles cheaply. They will stay with you while you encounter and return you to the shore safely. Your taxi driver knows everyone!

I would do this in the morning, or late morning.

When you return to shore, bus or cab down to b-town and shop (no bargins here....execpt a US$300 microwave as they are usually US$500 LOL).

Then, cab to the Barbados Wildlife Reserve. If you are there between 2-3 pm you should see many critters.

Return to the pier or see St Nicholas Abby first before you return (it's close to the reserve!).

Have a great time! :) :)

• 4 weeks later...

We did both of those things with Glory tours and it was the highlight of our vacation. The snorkelling with the turtles was amazing as was the nature reserve. Included in our package was also tour of the island and a fabulous lunch. I would certainly recommend emailing Glory tours and telling them what you would like, as I am sure they will accomodate you. We had our own driver and visited a few spots that we requested based on our preferences and they were happy to accomodate.

We did both of those things with Glory tours and it was the highlight of our vacation. The snorkelling with the turtles was amazing as was the nature reserve. Included in our package was also tour of the island and a fabulous lunch. I would certainly recommend emailing Glory tours and telling them what you would like, as I am sure they will accomodate you. We had our own driver and visited a few spots that we requested based on our preferences and they were happy to accomodate.

What was the cost of your tour? Does Glory have a website? If not, what is the e-mail address?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
There are many ways to do this, but I would first taxi, bus or ZR up to Folkstone Marine Park in Holetown.

From there you'll find many folks that will take you and the family out to see the Hawksbill turtles cheaply. They will stay with you while you encounter and return you to the shore safely. Your taxi driver knows everyone!

I would do this in the morning, or late morning.

When you return to shore, bus or cab down to b-town and shop (no bargins here....execpt a US$300 microwave as they are usually US$500 LOL).

Then, cab to the Barbados Wildlife Reserve. If you are there between 2-3 pm you should see many critters.

Return to the pier or see St Nicholas Abby first before you return (it's close to the reserve!).

Have a great time! :) :)

Great Great post with a lot of info, thanks, I will be in Barbados on a crusie and want to do all the above on my own, what do you suggest hire a cab?

Archived