San Juan disembarkation options

bobsydney

As a Carnival newbie and a non-US citizen, I have a few questions about the self-assist and luggage express disembarkation options out of San Juan. I found out about them from searching CC and elsewhere but am still uncertain about what the rules are, so I hope experienced CC’ers out there have the answers, as they usually do!

Self-Assist:

1) Is this offered at San Juan?

2) If so, can all passengers who want to use it do so or just those with early flights? And if so, what is early?

3) Are there any other restrictions? Someone has mentioned that only US citizens can do self-assist which seemed odd, since we had no problems self-disembarking in Hawaii with NCL.

Luggage Express:

1) Which airlines does Carnival work with in San Juan? Is Jet Blue (my first choice carrier) and Spirit on the list?

2) Is it available for all flights on debark day, or just those before/after certain times?

3) Does Carnival restrict numbers, so that we would need to apply on board to Percy earlier than later?

4) Any other restrictions (eg to US citizens only)?

Thanks

Bob

As a Carnival newbie and a non-US citizen, I have a few questions about the self-assist and luggage express disembarkation options out of San Juan. I found out about them from searching CC and elsewhere but am still uncertain about what the rules are, so I hope experienced CC’ers out there have the answers, as they usually do!

Self-Assist:

1) Is this offered at San Juan?

Yes

2) If so, can all passengers who want to use it do so or just those with early flights? And if so, what is early?

Open to all passengers that are under customs allowances, regardless of flight times

3) Are there any other restrictions? Someone has mentioned that only US citizens can do self-assist which seemed odd, since we had no problems self-disembarking in Hawaii with NCL.

non-us citizens can do it, but they have to get in a separate line. Since there are normally so many non-us passengers on the ship, the line is usually pretty long.

Thanks

Bob

Have a great cruise

Thanks for that and good to know self assist works for those who want to (and can) carry off their own bags. I note your warning about there potentially being a long line of non-US passengers doing self-debark, but the bottom line seems to me to be that we will still be off the ship and heading to the airport earlier than those doing normal disembarkation.

Hopefully someone can now provide advice on luggage express, which is potentially an even better option than carrying off your bags and than having to queue for check-in at the airport.

Thanks

Bob

Archived