Transportation to Normandy landing beaches

We will be cruising on the Grand Princess leaving July 25th. Does anyone know any private tours available to see the historic "D-Day landing beaches". At this time Princess's excursions are full, and we would enjoy seeing this historic landmark.

Thanks for your time.

We will be cruising on the Grand Princess leaving July 25th. Does anyone know any private tours available to see the historic "D-Day landing beaches". At this time Princess's excursions are full, and we would enjoy seeing this historic landmark.

Thanks for your time.

Hi!

You should check out our Roll Call for this sailing at the following link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=536200

There is a rather large group of us going on this sailing from all over the world (somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 or so people). We have also arranged a large meet and greet for everyone while we were on the cruise.

Anyhow, 5 of us have a private excursion to the D-Day landing beaches including visits to see the American, British and Canadian sectors for our day in Le Havre on August 5th.

We have an extra space left on our tour if you are interested. Unfortunately, the tour operator only has room for 6 people and we are already at 5.

It's basically an all day tour. We get picked up at 715 am and we are returned to the ship around 600 pm. If you are interested, the cost of the tour is 100 Euros.

If you aren't interested in this particular tour, I do have the names and contact information for 2 other private tour companies that do tours to Normandy. They are similar tours to the one I am taking. I think one of the companies is around the same price and the other one is a bit more expensive. Perhaps they may still have availability.

Feel free to check out our roll call and leave me a message there, or just leave one here.

Private tours from Le Havre which are often (favorably) reviewed on CC:

Note: all tend to be quite pricey, due to the time and distances involved. Le Havre is over 100 miles (about 2 hours drive) from Sainte Mere Eglise, the first stop on a tour of the American sector.

There is also the option of car rental which is quite economical compared to guided tours. On our August 30 sailing of the Grand Princess, my husband and I have booked a rent a car to do our own trip to Normandy beaches and Le Havre on the return. Apparently the drive is very easy though about 2 hours to the beach area. This way we can set our own agenda with a good tour book.

Archived