Bangkok Dinner Shore-Excursion Anyone been on this one?

joschus

We're on the November 18th Silver Cloud sailing that stops in Bangkok! One of the shore excursions is a Thai "Loy Krathong theme dinner in the private home of Khun Supanee." Guests take a 45 minute bus ride to a private home next to a lake for an 8 course dinner and a "traditional Thai show". This excursion costs $245 per person.

Now, cost hasn't been an issue with any of the other shore excursions because they are all quite reasonable - but this one does sound pretty expensive. I can imagine it being either incredibly wonderful for that price, or, not.

Has anyone on the Board been on this excursion? Would love to hear about it if you have. If not, any favorite restaurants in Bangkok you could suggest??

Thanks -

John

• 2 weeks later...

I am afraid I don't know anything about the shore excursion but I just returned from Bangkok on the 20th October. We had dinner with a former business associate one evening at a place he said was one of his favorites. I will get the name from my husband and post it for you. Another associate recommended The State Tower, particularly for the views (continentel meals).

Another recommendation is Mei Jiang Restaurant at the Peninsula. While we were there (the Peninsula) it was rumored the Queen helicoptered in for dinner there. I saw the helicopter, as I was upriver, but not the Queen. They serve lunch from 11:30 to 2:30 and dinner from 6:00 to 10:30.

Regards,

Shannon

Good View - Riverside, this is where we went with our associate. He was very enthusiastic about taking us there and we enjoyed the restaurant totally. (He ordered, in Thai )

The Peninsula and Oriental both have Thai restaurants that are quite good as well.

This time, I used his (our business associate) wife's tailor and had some beautiful clothes made. If anyone is interested email me.

Regards,

Shannon

Archived