Cabo water taxi and young child?

decoste45

We are going to the Mexican Riviera in October and would like to go to the beaches at each port. We will be travelling with a 16 month old. I am wondering how hard it will be to take the water taxi in Cabo to Mandano beach? I understand that you have to jump into the water from the taxi. So, will hubby and I be able to hand off our little guy easily, or is this a bad idea? We will most likely also have a backpack and a small stroller with us.

If this isn't a good idea, can anyone suggest other beaches that we could go to? We like a beach that has either shade from palm trees or chairs with umbrella's to rent, food and drink.

Thanks everyone.

Your feet will definitely get wet and you will have to balance but it is doable. We have done it twice when DS was 3 and 4, not a baby but certainly heavier. The stroller probably will not work in the sand unless you have a special one but I guess if your using it for sitting/napping it would be worth it.

I don't know what kind of water taxi you will be taking but when we were in Cabo about 6 yrs ago, we took a water taxi over to Lovers Beach and spent about an hour there. When the taxi came to pick us up, there was some rough surf, and my dh made it on the boat ok but as he was trying to help me in, a big wave hit, I fell backwards onto my back, the boat went up and as it was coming toward me, another tourist came up from behind me and pulled me backwards. I refer to this as "the time I was almost killed in Cabo".

Not saying this happens very often but just to warn you, the surf can be rough there.

Anyway, it looks like you don't have to take a water taxi there. Here is some info I found for you:

Access to this beach is available at Km. 1 near Club Cascadas de Baja or near the harbor entrance at the Costa Real Cabo Resort Beach Club or through any of the hotels and restaurants along this long stretch of beach.

hth

We used the water taxi in Cabo to go from "The Office" to the tender port with a 6 month old and a 2 y/o. It was fine, moms got on first then we handed the kids to them and got on.

Archived