Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel

mcfam5

We are thinking about going to Mr. Sanchos beach in Cozumel on our upcoming cruise. Has anyone been there? We are wondering what it is like and if it is a family friendly beach . . .

Thank You!:)

We took our 2 yr old to Paradise Beach and we were not overly impressed. There were a ton of rocks in the water.

Next time I would love to find a place where there is sand going into the water. Anyone?

We have not been in quite a while....

but we said after our trip to Paradise Beach....

that Mr. Sanchos had a better "Beach" ... and Paradise Beach had nicer amenities.

If you have little kids and are concerned about the rocks, I would skip Paradise Beach.

Catrin

DH and I were at Nachi last January. We went alone, so I can not personally atest to having the kids there, but there were several families with young children. We chatted with one while we were waiting for our cab to leave and they had a wonderful time. Their kids were ages 3-8 I think, and they loved the food (surprising as it was authentic Mexican - delicious but spicy!) and loved the virgin tropical drinks. I was quoted a rate of $12 for kids and free under 3. We just booked an 8 day on the Orchestra for Jan 2009 that stops in Cozumel and are considering nachi again. I have nothing else to compare it to, but the pool area was small enough and clean enough that I would feel very comfortable being there with my kids (ages at the time will be 4 mos, 2, 3, 4, and 5). The beach was also nice, although there were no "beach toys" (trampoline, etc). There was also plenty of shaded areas and portable shades, which will be important to me with young kids. I know Nachi supposedly limits the number to 100, which also makes it more appealing to me than a super crowded area. The day we were there there was 8-9 ships in port and we still had under 100 people. It was so nice, and talking to others on my ship, many of the other beaches were absolutely packed and crazy.

Just my two cents, FWIW!

J

All I want is a nice beach preferably with no rocks and fairly calm water. And a clean restroom/shower area would be nice.

I had heard before our last cruise that the food was good.

How much was it for adults? Now that we are chasing a 3 year old we dont drink any more so I am not sure if it is worth it for us to spend the money.

Though, if they have diet coke I may get my $$$ worth!!

Archived