Classic International cancels Sydney Daphne season

I just read this on cruise weekly and thought some of you may be interested:

Classic International Cruises has announced the "consolidation" of its 2008/09 summer season in Australia, operating the 650-passenger Athena on 16 itineraries out of Fremantle and Adelaide instead of separate cruises by Funchal and Princess Daphne.

The move means the seven cruises planned for Princess Daphne''s Sydney debut have been cancelled.

CIC said all affected passengers would be offered free flights to Perth and a comparable cruise duration on Athena at no extra cost. Funchal customers will also be transferred to a similar cabin category on Athena at no extra cost.

MD Grant Hunter said the move was necessitated by high fuel prices, which made it prohibitive to bring two vessels from Europe to Australia.

That is a shame as it would have suited those cruisers who prefer a smaller ship than we usually have here.

They also had a good 3 day cruise to nowhere to and from sydney, in mid january wonder how they operate that one now!!!!

I must say there offer of free flights etc shows they are a line that cares about passengers?? or have i got it wrong again?

or it could show that they are a line that couldn't get passengers...:confused:

I must say there offer of free flights etc shows they are a line that cares about passengers?? or have i got it wrong again?

Mickalex,

I have only heard very good reports about CIC!.

Trish

Archived