Ziplining Juneau - Which Company to Choose?

lttlfzrchck

Hello all,

I am looking into doing a ziplining adventure while in Juneau and needed a little help in choosing which to go with. I guess in Juneau I have two options Alaska Zip or Alaska Canopy Adventures (I guess this company's excursion is also offered through the cruiseline). Has anyone had a glimpse of both and can comment on their thoughts and/or experiences? If not, which have you taken and what was your experience?

Thanks for the help!

Hello all,

I am looking into doing a ziplining adventure while in Juneau and needed a little help in choosing which to go with. I guess in Juneau I have two options Alaska Zip or Alaska Canopy Adventures (I guess this company's excursion is also offered through the cruiseline). Has anyone had a glimpse of both and can comment on their thoughts and/or experiences? If not, which have you taken and what was your experience?

Thanks for the help!

I just did the zip-lines last week in Ketchikan, we actually zip across two black bears. Anyway, this company also does business in Juneau and I was very impressed with the professionalism of their company. This was my first time and was kinda scared but they put my fears at ease and I would not hesitate to do it again in a heart beat!

I am a 59 year old female ex-gym teacher. I am certainly not in shape like I was 30 years ago but I can hold my own. I did the zip line with the Canopy Adventure crew and to tell you the truth it was the scariest thing I ever did in my life. Would I do it again, absolutely not, but I finished, wore my medal proudly and bought a tee shirt saying "I survived the zip line". The guides were wonderful. Very professional and kind when I got stuck out over the 180' gorge because I braked too hard. I understand that the one in Juneau is harder, has more lines, and is higher in the forest.

I am a 59 year old female ex-gym teacher. I am certainly not in shape like I was 30 years ago but I can hold my own. I did the zip line with the Canopy Adventure crew and to tell you the truth it was the scariest thing I ever did in my life. Would I do it again, absolutely not, but I finished, wore my medal proudly and bought a tee shirt saying "I survived the zip line". The guides were wonderful. Very professional and kind when I got stuck out over the 180' gorge because I braked too hard. I understand that the one in Juneau is harder, has more lines, and is higher in the forest.

That sounds right up my husband and I's alley. Nothing wrong with getting the heart pumping. Thanks! :D

• 2 months later...

Just got back from Alaska this weekend. My SIL and I went on the Alaska Zip excursion in Juneau and had an absolute blast! The guides were great and the course was fun. I wished I could go through the course twice. So much fun!

We did the Canopy zip in Juneau two weeks ago, and it was great. The lines are all over an old gold mine with plenty of relics and some old buildings. One of the last zips is right by the beach which was neat. Even though it was misting, you never got wet as the tree tops protect you. Highly recommend. Can't speak for the one in Ketchikan.

Archived