FLL hotel with free cruise parking/shuttle to pier?

jetstorm

We drive to Ft. Lauderdale when we sail from there. We had a great experience at a Holiday Inn Express on the 17th St. Causeway. It was one block from the north entrance to the port (Eisenhower Blvd, I believe). There was also a drug store between the hotel and the port entrance.

We chose to park in the port's parking structure, so I can't answer about parking. The hotel did have a shuttle van out front with a cruise ship and a plane painted on the side. I just searched for info on the hotel, and for Parking Options they display "Contact the hotel for information."

It was clean, relatively inexpensive for the area, and deluxe continental breakfast was included.

From the 5th floor, you can see over to the port. I was up early to watch the Caribbean Princess sail into port.

Anyone know of a clean inexpensive hotel in the Ft. Lauderdale peir area that offers free cruise parking with a pre-cruise night stay and a shuttle to the pier?

We've stayed at LaQuinta Inn, Hollywood, and Hampton Inn, Plantation. Both are nice hotels and have cruise parking with a shuttle to the port, and were priced reasonably. You have to take a taxi back to the hotel from the port which is about $20.00 if I remember correctly.

We've stayed at LaQuinta Inn, Hollywood, and Hampton Inn, Plantation. Both are nice hotels and have cruise parking with a shuttle to the port, and were priced reasonably. You have to take a taxi back to the hotel from the port which is about $20.00 if I remember correctly.

I'm passing both of these hotels on to my family members who are looking for the hotel and I'll let them make the decision. If anyone knows of any other hotels with parking, please let me know and I'll pass those along as well.

I'm so glad you included the info. about the taxi back to the hotel after the cruise, I hadn't thought about how they would get back.

I was also wondering if there are less expensive hotels without the cruise parking that would make it better to stay there and park at the port? Just weighing the options. I can't imagine any cheaper hotels that are still clean, safe and close by, but I've also never stayed in this area so some of you may have a better idea.

I really do appreciate your thoughts and the time everyone has taken to answer my questions.

Since parking at the port is $12.00 a day, I'd think that the free parking at a hotel would be best. $84.00 for a week's cruise would just about cover the cost of the hotel room!

It also depends on when your in-laws are cruising. If there's a big convention or something else going on, the reasonable room rates at the Hampton or LaQuinta may not be so reasonable! We've cruised from Ft. Lauderdale in March, September and October and paid around $100.00 a night.

Our "resident expert" here on CC, Bequia :) , also recommends these hotels. Anything costing less appears to be in an area that your in-laws wouldn't want to stay :eek: .

Convenient parking for private automobiles is available at both the Northport and Midport Parking Garages and a new 400-space surface parking lot between Terminals 18 and 19, opening in the winter. All garages are wellilluminated, security-patrolled and provide handicapped parking with unimpeded access to crosswalks and elevators.

All parking facilities charge a maximum daily fee of $15.

Cruise passengers leaving from Cruise Terminals 1, 2, or 4 typically use

the 2,500-space Northport Parking Garage, which sits between the Broward County Convention Center and all Northport Cruise Terminals. If you are sailing from Cruise Terminals 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27 or 29, the 2,000-space Midport Parking Garage is located within walking distance of most Midport Cruise Terminals.

Complimentary shuttle bus service is provided between the garage

and Cruise Terminals 18 and 29.

Convenient parking for private automobiles is available at both the Northport and Midport Parking Garages and a new 400-space surface parking lot between Terminals 18 and 19, opening in the winter. All garages are wellilluminated, security-patrolled and provide handicapped parking with unimpeded access to crosswalks and elevators.

All parking facilities charge a maximum daily fee of $15.

Cruise passengers leaving from Cruise Terminals 1, 2, or 4 typically use

the 2,500-space Northport Parking Garage, which sits between the Broward County Convention Center and all Northport Cruise Terminals. If you are sailing from Cruise Terminals 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27 or 29, the 2,000-space Midport Parking Garage is located within walking distance of most Midport Cruise Terminals.

Complimentary shuttle bus service is provided between the garage

and Cruise Terminals 18 and 29.

Thanks, Bequia. I was going by the info on the port site. Apparently, they haven't updated the price :rolleyes: .

That makes it even easier to decide to stay at a hotel with free cruise parking :) !

We stayed at the Hampton in Plantation Fl about 10 min from the port. Free shuttle. We left our car there (along with 2 others) for a week with no problems. Continental bkfst. New hotel with good bedding and good service. Next to a mall with restaurants nearby.

We stayed at the Hampton in Plantation Fl about 10 min from the port. Free shuttle. We left our car there (along with 2 others) for a week with no problems. Continental bkfst. New hotel with good bedding and good service. Next to a mall with restaurants nearby.

The website says that there is a $25 charge for weekly parking. Thanks for the tip on the hotel!

BTW, the free shuttle you mentioned-is it to/from the airport, cruise port?

BTW, the free shuttle you mentioned-is it to/from the airport, cruise port?

When we stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation in December (2007), there was a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport and to/from cruise port.

Has anyone stayed or know if this is a decent one night hotel prior to our cruise? It is the Hampton Inn on 12th, near the airport.

Hampton Inn - Ft. Lauderdale Airport North

2301 SW 12th Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33315

1-954-524-9900

2.24 miles from city center

We just want a decent hotel, with a few restaurants within walking distance and a decent pool. This hotel offers complimentary shuttle to/from airport & cruise port.

When we stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation in December (2007), there was a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport and to/from cruise port.

We also stayed at Hampton Inn, Plantation, but they didn't offer a shuttle from the cruise port :confused: . I see that they've changed the free parking to $25.00/week :( . Did they also add the shuttle from the port? That would about balance everything out!

Archived