Titou Gorge Swim

sharke

Who out there made the 100 ft swim thru the cave to Titou Gorge? What can you tell me about the difficulty, or not? I'm not the best swimmer. The guide says he has life vest but that if you can dog paddle one would be OK. Is that correct? I'd sure like to see the beauty beyond but care about safety, too. Thanks

We just did this and it was fabulous! The water is very cold. My husband and I are strong swimmers, but I would suggest if you are not a strong swimmer - you use a life jacket. Make sure they get you a life jacket not just these little ring things that went around your stomach. There really is no place to hold on to. There is a little inner cave you can rest - but you will be swimming the whole time. It is something I would not want to miss.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a spot, about midway, that is only thigh-deep. The little jutting cave lip luckynumber6 mentioned is something you can stand on and rest as well (we used it as a quasi-diving board). After that, the current gets stronger as you are closer to the waterfall, but even from that spot, you can see the waterfall....and the views looking skyward are amazing.

Archived