St. Martin with Teens....

Matotex

We will be traveling with three adventurous teenagers ages 19, 17, and 13. Sitting on a tranquil beach or looking at wildlife would not be of any interest to them. What would be the most exciting, fast paced recommendation that you would have for spending a day with teens?

Thanks....

I am interested in the Americas Cup and I see by your post that you have experience it. I am handicapped (walking) and was wondering if it is easy to board the boat. I cannot bend my knees or climb up or down without help. Thank you.

I am interested in the Americas Cup and I see by your post that you have experience it. I am handicapped (walking) and was wondering if it is easy to board the boat. I cannot bend my knees or climb up or down without help. Thank you.

There is quite a bit of mobility required. From the pier you board a flat boat with chairs attached and are transferred out to the America's Cup boat, but the boarding there might be difficult.

th_DSCN4513.jpg

(click)

I'll quote from their website:

Every effort is made to accommodate “Guests with special needs”. However the nature of the St. Maarten “America’s Cup” 12 Metre Regatta is very participatory and the motion of the boats may cause problems for some. We therefore request that a guest with special needs be accompanied by a companion who has the capability of assisting the guest onto and off the boats. If the companion feels at the point of departure that the experience will prove to be too much for the guest, we will be happy to refund both tickets.

gary

Honestly, I would not recommend this excursion for you. Sorry!

The whole experience in sailing the America's Cup boats involves quick sharp turns, and rapid shifting of one's postion to accomodate space needed for other crew members. Moreover, the crew tries hard to attain a quick speed with one rail near the water i.e. the boat is not flat, but at an angle.

I agree that it would be best for the poster to watch this one from a distance.

Archived