Carnival disembarkation options

bobsydney

I put this query on the Carnival board but with so many threads there, it didn't get a response, so thought I would try here.

As a Carnival newbie and a non-US citizen, I have a few questions about the self-assist and luggage express disembarkation options out of San Juan. I found out about them from searching CC and elsewhere but am still uncertain about what the rules are, so I hope experienced CC’ers out there have the answers, as they usually do!

Self-Assist:

1) Does Carnival offer this at San Juan (I understand they don't have it in all ports)?

2) If so, can all passengers who want to use it do so or just those with early flights? And if so, what is early?

3) Are there any other restrictions? Someone has mentioned that only US citizens can do self-assist which seemed odd, since we had no problems self-disembarking in Hawaii with NCL.

Luggage Express:

1) Which airlines does Carnival work with in San Juan? Is Jet Blue (my first choice carrier) and Spirit on the list?

2) Is it available for all flights on debark day, or just those before/after certain times?

3) Does Carnival restrict numbers, so that we would need to apply on board to Percy earlier than later?

4) Any other restrictions (eg to US citizens only)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and will enable us to organise a flight out of SJU that will not make us nervous about getting to LAX in time for our return flight to Sydney from LAX.

Thanks

Bob

Self-Assist:

1) Does Carnival offer this at San Juan (I understand they don't have it in all ports)?

2) If so, can all passengers who want to use it do so or just those with early flights? And if so, what is early?

3) Are there any other restrictions? Someone has mentioned that only US citizens can do self-assist which seemed odd, since we had no problems self-disembarking in Hawaii with NCL.

We cruised Carnival from/to San Juan in November 2007, so I don't know if any of this has changed since then.

#1 - we used self-assist

#2 - they didn't say anything about early flights or not. Actually, we live in PR so obviously being on a flight at all doesn't matter.

#3 - they didn't say anything about citizenship. Once you get off the ship you go right into immigration ... so I don't see why citizenship should matter.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ray ... certainly seems that self-disembarkation is the way to go (unless luggage express turns out to be an option) and gives me comfort in booking a noon flight out of SJU.

Cheers

Bob

Archived