Dawn...room location

sss10

We are booked in an AF mini suite on the 11th deck on the Dawn which seems to be under the pool area. Does anyone think I should try to change my room as I have read on here that you hear the pool chairs being moved around if you are under them?

Thanks for any advice.:)

We are booked in an AF mini suite on the 11th deck on the Dawn which seems to be under the pool area. Does anyone think I should try to change my room as I have read on here that you hear the pool chairs being moved around if you are under them?

It's usually best to have cabins above and below your cabin. If there are other cabins available, why not change?!;)

AF Mini's are only on deck 11. I have stayed on deck 11 twice on the Dawn and did not have problems. The only real noise I heard was from a deck party but that finished around 10pm and it did not disturb my daughter who was 1 at the time. I am going to be on deck 11 again the last week of July.

What room are you in? I was in 11596 and a friend of mine from CC who i never did get to meet was in 11070 and we both had the same problem with noise at 4 am. I had ear plugs and a fan running and it still work me up . You can hear chairs sliding and carts rolling ,but it also depends on if your a light sleeper or not. Also during the day you can hear kids running on the upper deck. Sorry ,but I'm being truthful. Enjoy your cruise.

What room are you in? I was in 11596 and a friend of mine from CC who i never did get to meet was in 11070 and we both had the same problem with noise at 4 am. I had ear plugs and a fan running and it still work me up . You can hear chairs sliding and carts rolling ,but it also depends on if your a light sleeper or not. Also during the day you can hear kids running on the upper deck. Sorry ,but I'm being truthful. Enjoy your cruise.

woke..i mean not work

I am the one who was in 11070 on the June 29th sailing. I heard the dragging if chairs early in the morning. I am a light sleeper, but my husband & 2 girls did not hear anything. I think that if I had my Brookstone white noise machine, it would have drowned out the noise.

My sister & her family were right next door in 11072 & they didn't hear anything.

If you can get a white noise machine, I think it can cover up the sound.

Good luck!

I am the one who was in 11070 on the June 29th sailing. I heard the dragging if chairs early in the morning. I am a light sleeper, but my husband & 2 girls did not hear anything. I think that if I had my Brookstone white noise machine, it would have drowned out the noise.

My sister & her family were right next door in 11072 & they didn't hear anything.

If you can get a white noise machine, I think it can cover up the sound.

Good luck!

Hi! thanks for agreeing with me too...I'm a light sleeper ....husband didn't hear anything and son didn't either ,but i think its because my husbands snoring drowned it out, but funny thing...hubby snores loud and heard the noise over that.He's the one that usually wakes me up with the snoring. Husband said he heard kids running across the top deck during the day and I also heard the music from my balcony during the day. So, I guess it depends on how you sleep. by the way........anyone know why they drag chairs 4 am? :eek: :confused: can't they do it later? I sent them a letter to find out and as soon as i find out why, i'll let you know. Sorry for being so honest............Diane

Hi! thanks for agreeing with me too...I'm a light sleeper ....husband didn't hear anything and son didn't either ,but i think its because my husbands snoring drowned it out, but funny thing...hubby snores loud and heard the noise over that.He's the one that usually wakes me up with the snoring. Husband said he heard kids running across the top deck during the day and I also heard the music from my balcony during the day. So, I guess it depends on how you sleep. by the way........anyone know why they drag chairs 4 am? :eek: :confused: can't they do it later? I sent them a letter to find out and as soon as i find out why, i'll let you know. Sorry for being so honest............Diane

Hi Diane,

Yeah, I'd like to know why they drag chairs at 4:00AM, as well. I didn't sleep well on this cruise, at all. When we were on the Pearl last year, we were on Deck 10 & I slept a lot better.

~Ivette

It's usually best to have cabins above and below your cabin. If there are other cabins available, why not change?!;)

There are no cabins above deck 11 so if you want a mini-suite, you must be on deck 11. We have always had a mini suite on the Dawn and never had a noise problem from the pool area or the Garden Cafe on deck 12.

I'm posting because we had a wonderful location on the Dawn with a balcony but I don't remember the room number. It should be in my signature. I believe it was deck 9 though, but on the Dawn, deck 9 worked out better than 10 or 11 IMO, just because of the location to other things. And, it was totally and peacefully quiet. I can't stand noise at night.

I'm posting because we had a wonderful location on the Dawn with a balcony but I don't remember the room number. It should be in my signature. I believe it was deck 9 though, but on the Dawn, deck 9 worked out better than 10 or 11 IMO, just because of the location to other things. And, it was totally and peacefully quiet. I can't stand noise at night.

The first time i was on deck 9 and that is a very good floor so if i do it again, thats where ill be. The back of the ship is much quieter even tho i was midship every time. 10 rooms away from midship on deck 11 can sure make a difference.

Hi Diane,

Yeah, I'd like to know why they drag chairs at 4:00AM, as well. I didn't sleep well on this cruise, at all. When we were on the Pearl last year, we were on Deck 10 & I slept a lot better.

~Ivette

Hi Ivette....

I sent NCL a letter (Certified) and as soon as I hear from them....I'll let you know what they said also did you get any extras in a suite?:confused: :( I payed three times more than others and got absolutely nothing extra. what about you? Diane.....

Hi Ivette....

I sent NCL a letter (Certified) and as soon as I hear from them....I'll let you know what they said also did you get any extras in a suite?:confused: :( I payed three times more than others and got absolutely nothing extra. what about you? Diane.....

Hi Diane,

The only extras I recall were the cookies on the last night. We never got the fruit card to select daily fruit sent to our room. My sister's room, next door also never got the fruit selection card. Our other relatives, who stayed on Deck 9, did get the fruit selection cards.

What other upgrades were you referring to?

~Ivette

but on the Dawn, deck 9 worked out better than 10 or 11 IMO, just because of the location to other things. And, it was totally and peacefully quiet. I can't stand noise at night.

Hi, I *thought* I read on here that on the Dawn Deck 10 was more easier access to the dining area and pools as it's in the middle of them both?? Is that not accurate? Thanks! (I just wanted to be sure, because w/ 2 girls I purposely chose deck 10 thinking we would be in the middle of dining areas and pools thus us having to do less walking, etc. to those areas. If DEck 9 is more accessible/closer to those locations, than I would rather deck 9. Please let me know. :)

Hi, I *thought* I read on here that on the Dawn Deck 10 was more easier access to the dining area and pools as it's in the middle of them both?? Is that not accurate? Thanks! (I just wanted to be sure, because w/ 2 girls I purposely chose deck 10 thinking we would be in the middle of dining areas and pools thus us having to do less walking, etc. to those areas. If DEck 9 is more accessible/closer to those locations, than I would rather deck 9. Please let me know. :)

Hi,

On the Dawn, the Garden Cafe & pool are on Deck 12 & most of the other restaurants are on Deck 7. You'll be fine on Deck 10. It will be a lot quieter than 11 was. We stayed on Deck 10 when we were on the Pearl last year & felt that we were close enough to everything.

Hi,

On the Dawn, the Garden Cafe & pool are on Deck 12 & most of the other restaurants are on Deck 7. You'll be fine on Deck 10. It will be a lot quieter than 11 was. We stayed on Deck 10 when we were on the Pearl last year & felt that we were close enough to everything.

Thanks for the info. :) I wasn't aware that most of the other restaurants are on Deck 7. So the T-Rex pool and the big pool is on Deck 12 then?? And isn't there 2 pools on the Dawn (or are they counting the T-Rex pool as the 2nd pool?)?

Thanks for the info. :) I wasn't aware that most of the other restaurants are on Deck 7. So the T-Rex pool and the big pool is on Deck 12 then?? And isn't there 2 pools on the Dawn (or are they counting the T-Rex pool as the 2nd pool?)?

Hi,

The T-Rex pool is all the way at the back of the ship, not anywhere near the regular pool. They are both on Deck 12. There is a lap pool in the spa, but it costs extra & is not really a full lap pool. We just returned this past Sunday from the Dawn. My girls are 6 & 8. They loved the cruise. This was their first one & they are already asking to go on another one.

Archived