Miami to Hollywood and back?

AR_Magnolia

So here's the idea. We would fly into Miami a day before our cruise and get there mid-afternoon. We thought we would then go to Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale area and hang out, possibly (not sure about this) staying the night. Then the next morning we would go back to Miami and board the Valor.

Then upon the return two weeks later, we would book the flight to leave late at night so we would have the day to explore Miami.

First, for those of you that know the area, is this feasible?

Second, how much would the Miami to Hollywood taxi cost approximately? I've never even been to that area, so it is all new to me. I know that the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are only about 20 miles or so apart, though. But would be better off to rent a car?

Your opinions and recommendations are greatly appreciated!

So here's the idea. We would fly into Miami a day before our cruise and get there mid-afternoon. We thought we would then go to Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale area and hang out, possibly (not sure about this) staying the night. Then the next morning we would go back to Miami and board the Valor.

Then upon the return two weeks later, we would book the flight to leave late at night so we would have the day to explore Miami.

First, for those of you that know the area, is this feasible?

Second, how much would the Miami to Hollywood taxi cost approximately? I've never even been to that area, so it is all new to me. I know that the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are only about 20 miles or so apart, though. But would be better off to rent a car?

Your opinions and recommendations are greatly appreciated!

It is totally feasible, if that is what you want to do.

A rental car would probably be quite a bit cheaper than taking taxis back and forth.

Archived