what could I buy

mom2agr8boy

Every year I go on a buisness trip I try and bring some of my top customers a gift. 2 years ago in Hawaii I brought back pineapple and still have people raving about it. What can I bring back from Alaska? I don't want to spend a lot of money because I will need to bring back about 10-20 and it would be best if I could have it shipped. (the pineapple got lost by the airport and it came in 1 day after I did.) I am looking for suggestions. I have heard about the ulna knives, but thinking that might be too much money. Also most of my custmers are men

ULU knives are popular. Get the ones that are made in Alaska. You maywant to have them shipped direct from the store as they may not make it through sip or air security.

shirts from the Bush Company...

snork, snork, snork....................... a laugh few will understand. a previous question was what to do in anchorage until 11pm and i said the bush company with lots of one dollar bills.

oh well.

look for ray troll t-shirts. he's a ktn artist. you can google him.

lox or nova salmon. it's packed in retort bags and doesn't need any reefer until opening. mo' bettah and mo' usable than jerky.

in juneau? go to the wm. spear gallery and look at the enameled pins. also googleable but the gallery is just overwhelming in person.

ulu's? kind of like the red dog saloon.............

In each of these cities you can purchase Christmas ornaments - thats what i did on our 06 cruise - they are all dated 06 (or I wrote the date on it) The last two years when we set up our tree my DH and I always end up talking about our cruise to Alaska! When we go again in September I plan on buying Christmas ornaments again!

good luck and have fun on your cruise-

Melody:)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack your thread but I would like to leave a message for Melody.

We are on your cruise in Sept & I wonder if you could could email me as I have some questions about your home town.

my email is cam . junk @ ntlworld . com

There are no spaces between the words. look forward to hearing from you.

Chez

:)

in anchorage at the end of the TK coastal trail(downtown end) there is a great little glass artists shop where we bought gifts. she works in the shop...we brought back reasonably priced ornaments, sun catchers, bottle stoppers etc. great one of a kind and alaskan made gifts.

Archived