Best hotel in Tampa before a cruise?

dietcokes4me

My family and I will be sailing out of Tampa and we are arriving a couple of days early and we are looking for a hotel that is located neer the airport and to the port. So if you have any suggestions on a hotel that you have stayed at please help us? A hotel with shuttle service from the airport and to the port would be great thanks.:)

The airport and the pier are about 20 to 30 minutes apart. Staying near the port try the Embassy Suites. Its 5 minutes at most from the pier. Its a new hotel, full breakfast in the morning, nice views and great location. Near the airport pick any property on Rocky Point. They are all fine hotels and most of them have transfers to the pier!

We stayed at the Westin harbour Island in Tampa a few ago pre cruise. it's a very nice hotel. Very clean and first class service. 20 minutes from airport and 5 minutes from the cruise terminal. It has 1 restaurant and nice size lobby bar, small workout area and a nice (but small) pool area.

The Sheraton riverwalk may be an option as well.

My family and I will be sailing out of Tampa and we are arriving a couple of days early and we are looking for a hotel that is located neer the airport and to the port. So if you have any suggestions on a hotel that you have stayed at please help us? A hotel with shuttle service from the airport and to the port would be great thanks.:)
I just booked the Doubletree Suites at Rocky Point for two days in June 2009 at $109. per night! :p

Airport shuttle included, free local shuttle within a certain radius, and a 'pier shuttle' is optional..:)

We stayed at the Sheraton Riverwalk in 2003, and it was real nice! Hear they are now renovating! In town, close to the trolley.. and FREE shuttle..:cool: PLUS a lot of people are getting good deals at the 'bidding' sites..

Archived