Shore excursion booking time

zoeyzooka

How far in advance do I need to book a shore excursion? I am going on the Norwegian Spirit on 2-22-09 and I would like to know when to book my shore excursions - especially the ones that I am getting through outside tour vendors.

check the cancellation policy of the vendors...if they have an cancellation fee wait until final payment of the cruise.

i did my tour through the cruiseline, also NCL spirit, i booked lamanai in oct for a dec cruise.

You can book as early as you want, but as the previous poster suggested, make sure of their cancellation policy in case something comes up...especially if it is a tour that requires you to pay at time of booking.

I booked my private excursions for my October cruise way back in April! I like to know that I have a spot on the excursion that I want to take. No worries! A lot of companies will allow you to cancel up until within a week of the sailing.

I have also seen that a lot of people book within a couple of weeks and even days of the trip. Guess they like to gamble! :D Not for me though! I say if you know what you want to do, do it!

Check and see how many ships will be port on the day you are. If you are only ship, should not be a problem booking private tours. If there are alot (sometimes as many as 6) you should try to book early. Ship excrsions are a differn't story. The popular ones will fill up early.

Thanks!

How do I find out how many ships are in a port on a particular day? I also tend to book everything extra early to make sure that I get what I want, but the advice to wait until I pay the rest of my deposit makes a lot of sense.

Archived