Reassurance Please!!!

jch628

Ok so the long and short of it is that my fiance and I were going to be married in September and were not going to take a honeymoon because of money. Than we up and cancel all of the wedding arrangements and decide to have a small ceremony at our house with our parents and my daughter and than go on a cruise. So here we are booked on the August 23rd Carnival Liberty Cruise and I guess I just want some assurance that we are going to have a great time. I have only been on one other cruise about 7 years ago and that was Princess. Any suggestions would be wonderful! Also if you are going to be on this cruise I would love to hear from you. Thanks for listening!!!!!!!

Let me be the first to welcome you to Cruise Critic. And let me tell ya, we were on the Liberty last year, and it is a beautiful ship, and has a great crew. You will have a great time, and congrats on your wedding. :D

Ok so the long and short of it is that my fiance and I were going to be married in September and were not going to take a honeymoon because of money. Than we up and cancel all of the wedding arrangements and decide to have a small ceremony at our house with our parents and my daughter and than go on a cruise. So here we are booked on the August 23rd Carnival Liberty Cruise and I guess I just want some assurance that we are going to have a great time. I have only been on one other cruise about 7 years ago and that was Princess. Any suggestions would be wonderful! Also if you are going to be on this cruise I would love to hear from you. Thanks for listening!!!!!!!

hey!!! we are on the same boat!!! CARNIVAL is GREAT!! this is one of their bigger boats and itinerary is SPECTACULAR!!! dont even think twice about it!! read all the great reviews on carnival liberty here on CC just to make your mouth water!! See you soon

First off- Congratulations! Secondly, I can relate to what you're going through. My fiance and I were making the same types of choices....we were debating between bigger/smaller type of wedding and obviously the cost of the wedding is gonna off-set the money we could afford to spend on a honeymoon...And we're paying for the whole thing ourselves (unfortunately we don't have wealthy parents that can afford to pay for it)....Anyway, we narrowed it down to a land-based honeymoon in Hawaii (a place we've both always wanted to visit) or a cruise on the Queen Mary 2 (a ship we've both always wanted to sail on), but we finally decided on a land-based Hawaii honeymoon. (And hopefully for an anniversary someday we'll make it on the QM2). Like someone said earlier- It's your honeymoon, so how could it not be enjoyable!!!....Just go in with an open mind and you'll have a wonderful time!!! (IE Don't sweat the small stuff)....

First, congrats on getting married!

Second, all vacations, regardless of where you are going, are all dependant on you. You make it as fun or as horrible as you want! But I think on a cruise, you will have an absolute ball!! I only went on one cruise and convinced my hubby to go on one. He never went on one and before the trip, was asking a million questions and was complaining that he wouldn't have anything to do and it will be boring on sea days! 3 cruises together later here we are! After the first night on our first cruise, he offically became addicted!!! He had so much fun! He looks forward to our cruises and doesn't want to do anything but cruises now! This causes a bit of an issue because we want to go back to Las Vegas! He wants to build a canal type of thing from the ocean to Las Vegas so we could take a cruise there :confused: !

I think you two will have a ball!! And since it is your honeymoon, you should try to get on stage for the newlywed game! That will be a great memory for the both of you!

DH and I spent our honeymoon on the Conquest in 2003 out of NOLA, 1st cruise for him, I had cruised several times before. Although DH got a little woozy during our trip through the Mississippi, he fell in love. Later I find out that his ex had always pushed going on a cruise, but that he resisted, thinking he would not enjoy it. Funny how people change.

We thoroughly enjoyed our next cruise on NCL through Alaska in 2007. Alaska was simply breath taking.

Now we are taking our DD on her first cruise in August on the Valor.

I love the elegance, pampering and nostalgia associated with cruising, as well as it being a real vacation value. You can easily enjoy a 7 day cruise in an inside cabin for roughly $600...where else can you get such a deal? Great meals, entertainment, transportation to exotic ports...gosh I can't wait till August !:p

You will love cruising and enjoy how romantic it is to be at sea with the one/s you love.

Congrats!!!

You will have a great time on a great boat - There is lots to do and be sure to book shore excursions. The catamaran boats are great and the water in Caribbean can't be beat. Hopefully you have a balcony room, very romantic and worth the extra money especially on a honeymoon. They have a great spa and the supper club is really nice as well.

You will have a fabulous cruise. I loved the Liberty!!!! You were very smart to cancel the big wedding. A cruise will be much more memorable. Congratulations on your marriage. Please let us hear from you after the cruise.

I am a huge advocate of cruising, and I have no doubt that you two will have a great time. That being said, though, I don't know that I think that cruising is as ideal for a HONEYMOON as other types of vacations may be. It seems to me that on your honeymoon, you are likely to want a lot of "alone time". On cruise ships, you are rarely alone and there are always lots of people around. The only real privacy you get is in your cabin, and unless you have a suite bigger than any offered by Carnival, the cabins are not as spacious or comfortable for extended use as even a very average land-based hotel room... Then again, if "alone time" isn't a priority, this could be perfect for you.

Thank you so much to everyone. I feel like the other lady who admitted her addiction to this website. I am on here all day long and my future husband is getting a little concerned. We are so excited by everything I have been reading on here, I feel like I should already be packed. Anyway thank you again for all the well wishes and suggestions. We will be sure to add our two cents to everything whne we get back and I have no doubt I will have more questions before we leave.

Archived