Discover Mexico & Chankanaab Park Tour

CCs-Adventures

Hello there!

Can anyone provide some feedback on this excursion offered by Royal Caribbean? Will it be better if we took a taxi from the pier and spent the day at Chankanaab Park? Are taxis readliy available and safe? What are the costs involved?

Thank you!

CC

I can't answer about the RCCL excursion but I know that taxis are readily available at the pier in Cozumel and I think the fare is between $15 and $18. Can't remember exactly. We are going on our own instead of a ship excursion as they are usually less expensive and alot more flexible. We are trying Chankanaab this year because it has snorkeling and a beach and a pool and restaurants all at the same place. Don't forget to print off your $2 per person coupon from the website. Hope you have lots of fun!!

http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/info-map.asp

Hi there! After a lot of research, my family and I decided to do Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. We are going to get a taxi, it is only a few minutes away from the port. We looked online at www.cozumelparks.com/eng/parks-chankanaab.asp and found that the park itself has different tickets. We chose the $42.00 option which included 1 adult ticket into the park, a t-shirt, lunch, and drink tickets. The tickets can be purchased at the gate. Check out the website. Hope this helps. Have a good trip. Lynn

I will never pay for another ship excursion again in Cozumel, there are plenty of trustworthy tour operators, check out Trip Advisor. After our PC, we returned to Cozumel for 12 nights. We felt completely safe, took taxis everywhere, from pier to Chankanaub - about 15 plus tip. I do speak spanish, but most drivers speak English and if you are polite and nice, they will help you any way they can. That was our experience. Chankanaub, was a Top Notch Park ! Have fun !

Archived