Getting from LAX to port

dpfred

This will be our 7th cruise and have always gone to the Carribean from Florida. We are thinking of trying the Mexican Riviera but my wife has reservations about going through LAX. I assume that Carnival will pick you up at the airport and shuttle you to the port like everywhere else. Can someone give us a clue as to what happens out there.

Thanks, DPFRED

I used Carnival's transportation when I cruised out of Long Beach. This was the longest trip from the airport to ship of any cruise I have taken.

The operation was the same as any Carnival cruise. Look for the people with the Carnival signs. They will tell you what to do with you luggage.

Have the usual TIP money ready. The people in LA (in 2001) were not as open in tip hustling as the FL operators. :( Less cruises I guess

Flying into John Wayne or Long Beach Airport would be much better. Not as crowded and I have never had traffic problems at either airport. Of course, sometimes it is MUCH cheaper to fly into LAX, but a lot more hassles...and it's much farther.

Just got back.

Although it seems disorganized at first, Supershuttle took no more than 25 min I was first stop to Long Beach. No advance reservations.

BUT..... if you choose, go to information desk first thing upon boarding ship @ for $19 per person you can return to LAX in clean, updated buses.

They are right on site of cruise terminal, porter does the luggage thing for you. It was a pleasure.

rpinphx@cox.net

rpinphx,

Well, don't leave us in suspense!!!! How was your cruise???? What did you do in each port?? How was the weather?? The motion of the ship?? What cabin did you have and what location on the ship??

Can't wait to hear..

cq

DPFred,

We're taking the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Pride out of Long Beach in March. I found it was basically the same price to fly into any of the area airports, so I made it easy on ourselves and booked us a flight directly into Long Beach. Mapquest shows it being 6 miles from the cruise port, and most of the hotels in the area have either airport or cruise shuttles. I'm using Priceline for the hotel room...can't go wrong with a 3 or 4 star hotel for 1/2 the price!

Archived