color matching dilemma

teegeezfun

have a new floor length beaded dress for formal night. the color is what i though was royal blue. i bought the sweetest evening bag on ebay that i though would match it and had planned to dye my shoes to match the exact color.

got the bag and it doesn't match. the dress is more purple and now that i have noticed the major difference, i am having a hard time finding a cute bag that matches.

2 options, use black for shoe and bag or get a plain satin purse to dye, which i don't want to do as i love the "jewelry factor" in a fancy evening bag.

aside from noticing that i am unbelievably obsessive...can someone give an opinion on this whole shoe dying issue.

The dress sounds like it might change color in different lighting and sounds lovely. I would keep away from dyed anything. It might not turn out the way you want.

I would go for shoes that were black, silver, or gold, with an evening bag matching the shoes.

With my black evening outfit I wear black shoes and carry a silver bugle bead purse and wear silver jewelry. You could match your shoes with your dress (dye). Or wear silver shoes. Of course there are many more options. I have to say when you carry an evening bag that sparkles you do not need as much jewelry.

With the exception of black, I don't do exact matches of anything, so I can't really relate. However, IMHO, a blue dress, bag and shoes is too much. I've never worn dyed shoes, so I have no input.

I also don't wear beaded gowns, but I do think that the beading would be enough sparkle other than linear earrings and/or a bracelet.

My choice would definitely be silver shoes and a small, plain silver bag. Silver looks fabulous with almost any shade of blue/purple.

Good luck.;)

got it off of ebay...nwt. wish i could post a picture here. when we return i'll try to delve into the wonderful world of web pics and see if i can get some pictures on line for use by all of you wonderful posters who have helped me so much...thanks all and black it is!!!

I"d go with a metallic shoe - like pewter or silver.

I have a dressy snakeskin evening bag with a blend of colors - turquoise, blues, pinks, etc. (kind of a watercolor blending) It goes beautifully with navy's, aubergines, burgundy's and pinks. You might consider a multi-color bag that goes with many of your things.....or a metallic leather bag.

A blue dress w/ a black bag often misses the mark, in my opinion.

You might even find a metallic with a blue cast in either the shoe or handbag. I wouldn't worry about them matching, but rather "blending" with each other - i.e. make sure they're the same tones of color that make a pretty palette together.

Forget about dyed to match shoes......sooooooo grandma like, IMO.

Jane

black does miss the mark, but this blue is so difficult to match because of the purple undertone i keep seeing in the royal...even a multicolor would be difficult. in considering dyeing, i don't think a dye would be able to match it either..black just seems the safest way to go. i still have two months...holiday gear will be appearing on the shelves soon so who knows.

Archived