Help me pick a place to eat lunch at in cayman please!!

Crusin' Momma

We are planning on eating Lunch in Cayman after we return from our adventure. We want something we don't have to take a cab or bus to get to and is a family friendly environment. I would like some place fun that has authentic Caribbean food and we wouldn't be able to go there easily in the states.

Does anyone have any suggestions??? I was reading about a place called Breezes (I think) any one have any experience with them? They seemed like a very commercialized place so I am not sure I want to go there....

TIA

We are planning on eating Lunch in Cayman after we return from our adventure. We want something we don't have to take a cab or bus to get to and is a family friendly environment. I would like some place fun that has authentic Caribbean food and we wouldn't be able to go there easily in the states.

That sounds like an invitation to try some turtle meat. It is grown domestically there in Grand Cayman at the Turtle Farm.

That sounds like an invitation to try some turtle meat. It is grown domestically there in Grand Cayman at the Turtle Farm.

Whoo hoo Turtle meat.. LOL

No really... We have a friend from Trinidad and he cooks some AWESOME dishes... Looking more on the lines of what he has made for us in the past. Or something different..

I don't know if I am up to trying turtle meat after visiting the turtle farm a couple of years ago.. I have tried just about everything ever offered to me though... but I am not sure I would volunteer to eat it...

Thanks Dale!

I am leaning toward Tony's anyone ever been there???

Me again.

I found Tony's' date=' Seymours (looks like really good BBQ), the Mango Tree and Breezes. All look good to try.

Dale[/color']

• 2 weeks later...

Hemingway's at Seven Mile Beach is awesome. Great Conch fritters & crab cakes. The hotel they are besdie used to be The Hyatt Regency but is now Grand Cayman Beach Suites. Our plan is to get a day pass there & be adjacent to our favorite eatery.

Right on Edward Street in George Town is Corita's Copper Kettle serving authentic local fare primarily to professionals working in town. Corita's is small so getting a table could occasionally be a problem.

A little further walk is Champion House II at 43 Eastern Avenue. They have much more seating and offer a full array of Caribbean favourites.

Archived