pier info please?

Mom3Boys

Hi to all,

I had recently posted questions about driving to the pier or staying at a hotel with free parking. After much deliberation...we decided that we would use the parking at the terminal. So now I have more questions and I know that you all are the ones to ask!!!

We are on the Star Princess (Nov 7). We have never driven ourselves to the pier so I am not sure how to get there. Are the exits for Port Everglades well marked? Is there one parking terminal at the Princess site or does each ship have its own parking? Is the parking areas well marked???

Since we are driving and do not have to take a shuttle how much luggage can we take on board? Is it okay to take canned drinks - can we just carry those on in bags?

I appreciate any input from drivers. I know there are things I didn't ask that some of you would share with me!

Thank you,

Linda

It's easy to get to the terminal. We live on the east coast and use Florida's Turnpike south to Rt. 595 East (I bellieve it's exit 54). This takes you past the airport and directly to Port Everglades. Signs are ample and clear. When you go through security (be ready to show ID like passports or license and cruise tickets) they will tell you at which pier your ship will be docked. Parking is easy and safe and is $12 per day. Keep in mind that when you return the ship may dock at a different pier. In this case they shuttle one of you to the parking lot where your car is parked and then you can go back and pick up the other passenger and luggage. I believe this rarely happens with a 7 day cruise, but can happen on a longer cruise.

Thanks for all the info. I was mainly concerned with how well marked the roads are.

How much luggage can we take on board? Is there a limit and is it okay to just carry in plastic bags (with canned sodas)?

Thanks,

Linda

You can carry canned soda or bottled water onboard in grocery bags. Am not sure if there is a luggage limit. I usually have 2 checked bags and a carry on.

Did you find any hotels that would allow you to leave your car (free) at the hotel and take the hotel shuttle to the port? Hope to do that in February.

Archived