How to get to FLL port to water taxi?

cruz guy

We have alot of time after our cruise before our flight out on Sunday. I had read several suggestions about taking the water taxi.

Any suggestions on the best way to get to the water taxi after we disembark? Should we take a taxi and if so where is the closest place to get on and off? Is it walkable from the port area?

If the ship has EZ check for your luggage, use it and your bags will go right to the airport.

You can probably walk it - stop #7 is very close by on 17th street - less than a mile from pier 1 and 2 if your ship docks there. Princess usually uses 1 and 2 for the big ships.

Ron

Don't even try walking. The port is not set up for pedestrian traffic. It's an active shipping port as well with 18 wheeler tankers, cargo trucks all over the place, taxis and busses zipping by and no sidewalks. Taxi to the water taxi stop by the Ft Lauderdale Grande runs between $10-$12.

Don't even try walking. The port is not set up for pedestrian traffic. It's an active shipping port as well with 18 wheeler tankers, cargo trucks all over the place, taxis and busses zipping by and no sidewalks. Taxi to the water taxi stop by the Ft Lauderdale Grande runs between $10-$12.

Sorry, but I have to disagree - in March we used EZ check on the Emerald since we had a 3 PM flight. We were at pier 1 or 2 and walked with no problem to the Walgreens on 17th and then to the Bimini Boatyard for a leisurely lunch. The walk took all of 15 minutes and had no problem with traffic. NOW - if you are at the far end of the port it is probably a different story.

I realize that you live there, however, it isn't that big of a deal - and why pay a taxi for a less than one mile walk?

Ron

Other than walking through the parking lot there were sidewalks all the way to 17th street.

That's the differant story. :rolleyes:

We sailed on the Dawn about a year ago and it was on pier 20 or 21, way at the end. The taxi ride from the gate to the ship was longer than from our 17th st hotel to the gate. I would not attempt to walk from there. But, the walk from pier 1 and 2 is safe and short.

Ron

Archived