Only a 4* Carnival Triumph is it any good? Thanks

We had a great cruise on the Triumph this past November......Half Moon, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk. We had excellent service, balcony room, the ship was in great shape, the itinerary was perfect, entertainment and food were both good. We recommend it!

That is why reviews (let me correct that) properly written reviews are so important.

Properly does not mean all positive. Properly means DETAILS.

That way you can determine if what someone else did not like will affect your cruise. For example: If someone gave it a 4 because they were not thrilled with Camp Carnival and you don't have kids...then no problem.

There is not a Carnival ship that I would not sail on. (not even the oldest and smallest Holiday) because I know the product and I am happy with it.

The Victory got horrible reviews from its New York run last year and yet when we went in Sept....we had a blast.

Some ships may be "better" than others...but you can have a blast on all of them and you will definately get your money's worth!!

:( we did not care for the triumph at all, never will sail her again. we had a good time as we do on all cruises, the ports of half moon and gr turk were great! the ship had a terrible odor of paint thinner several tiems, once when we first boarded. it woke us one morning, thought we were being gassed. really nasty. an concierge from costa told me via c critic they use this to cover septic odors. she was on this cruise as well..they did not care for it either. the same taped music every day...day after day around the pool. no band. the johns wouldnt flush the last day at sea for several hours. this was a treat for sure. our group of 4 sent back more food than we have ever seen with us! it was not very good at al. desserts on the buffet were the same 4-5 every day and night. pizza was not very god and only had 2-3 kinds at a time. just kinda boring compared to other ships we have sailed on.

We cruised on the Triumph the end of May and had a wonderful time! We did not have any maintenance issues at all, food was great and the service was outstanding. We would book on the Triumph again without hesitation. Is she brand-spanking new? No, but neither am I:D

DW and I sailed Carnival Triumph May 07 and had a great cruise. Never observed a sewer smell in our room or anywhere (room 7278). Our only negative was the public areas were always extremely cold. Boy did the AC really work well. Would sail her again if opportunity arises.

We just got off the Triumph yesterday after a fabulous family cruise. We were in room 8349, and we had the best steward we have ever had-Ridi. He knew and called us by our names all week, and was just absolutely wonderful. We had a great dining room team, especially the asst. waiter, Bernie. We had our 2 year old grandson with us, and Bernie was wonderful with him-even made him a mouse out of a napkin one night. He and the waiter were very friendly, and talked to us about working on the Triumph (they were very happy). We were at table 333-a great table at the back at the windows. The ship is beautiful, the staff on the entire ship was exceedingly friendly, and the food was great (prime rib, filet, flat iron steak, grilled shrimp and fried shrimp were all excellent). The Lido deck buffet had so so offerings, but there is always the deli, chinese (great chinese food), hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, etc. My 20 year old DD won $500 at BINGO, so she had a great cruise!! She's a struggling college student, so the money will be used to pay the rent this month! We never noticed the sewer smell. Our only disappointment was that our day at HMC was cancelled due to high winds from Bertha. We met a couple (she was in a wheelchair) with a son who were regular RCCL cruisers, and absolutely hated the cruise. I just couldn't ever figure out why they hated Carnival and the Triumph. She really didn't put it into words, and was shocked it was our 12th Carnival cruise and that we loved Carnival and the Triumph. Oh well, you can't please everyone. The ship is in great shape, and we didn't really see anything worn except for a few chairs/benches here and there in the lounges. It's hard to believe she is going into dry dock this fall. Anyone going on the Triumph will have an absolutely fantastic time.

We were on the Triumph last December and had a wonderful time. No maintenance issues and no smells. We also had a great Calypso band the whole cruise who played by the pool and also at Half Moon Cay.

I was on the Triumph last August. It was my first cruise and I had a ball. There was so much to do but not enough time to do it all. :p

I will never understand how someone can be miserable on a cruise:mad: I can never get enough me time. You shouldn't give someone else the power to make or break your vacation.

Go with the spirit that you are going to enjoy yourself and you will. :D

Loved the ship. . I still prefer the Fantasy Class ships better as they are easier to get around but the Triumph was a very nice ship, staff was wonderful and all it all was an awesome vacation! I would sail on her again. :D

Glad to hear!! This will be hubby and my second cruise but the first for our kids and my father and his family - and I've been talking up cruising and this is my idea so I'm hoping that they will enjoy it as much as us because it's a lot of $$ to spend on a vacation if they don't enjoy it.

I took a chance on Carnival and ended up on the Triumph last November. I had a wonderful time and would definitely go on that ship again. I could not find any fault with the ship, crew, entertainment, activities or food.

I was on the Triumph this past January and it was my favorite cruise by far. We didn't have one problem throughout the cruise. We had friends with us that are avid RCCL cruisers and they ended up having a blast and want to go back with us next year.

Are 4* Ships like the Triumph any good it's a pretty low rating for a Carnival Ship Thanks

We sailed on ther Triumph for DW's b'day in '06 and had a great cruise. None of the problems that another poster stated. The ship was clean and well maintained and we enjoyed the food and entertainment. I would sail her again in a heartbeat. I agree with LHP. Go to the review section and read good and bad reviews and try to decide for yourself. If it's hard to decide, I vote yes. Have a great cruise.

Does anyone know of any hard proof that the triumph is drydocking in November? I'm looking at cruise/sail dates on Carnival.com and it doesn't like this ship is getting a break at all this year or next.

Dry Dock is in September of this year not November. The last cruise for her is September 14th. Dry dock starts on September 21st and she returns to service October 5th.

I'm looking for a family cruise for my birthday in November and so far this ship meets our criteria. Two across the hall cabins, one balcony inc. sailing during Thanksgiving just for a family of six.

I was hoping to try Princess or Royal, but they were way out of the budget. :D

Archived