Fares on Canada / New England Cruises

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to find a Canada/New England cruise for next summer that leaves from Baltimore/Norfolk. The prices seem a little high at the moment. Do prices for cruises to this area tend to go down? Or should I just expect to pay premium prices? I know that you can often find great deals to the Caribbean but don't know much about the New England/Canada cruises.

Thanks for any help!

-aj

From my research a year ago it seemed that Canada/New England cruises were uniformly higher than Carribbean cruises, in all cabin categories and across all lines, and that those fares stayed high -- although sometimes in the last few months one of the online TAs might have a good deal on inside or oceanview cabins, but not larger ones or balconies.

Thank you for your response. I will probably just play the "wait and see" game. I could deal with an inside cabin if I have to. At these prices I don't think there's a choice!

I imagine cruising in New England and Canada to be very beautiful.

thanks, AJ

I don't know why, but Baltimore cruises seem to be a bit pricey, anyway. I live there, so it's ok-I don't have to fly to get to a ship! They must charge a bunch for port charges or something. Wait and see is probably a good idea-they'll probably have a sale sooner or later.

Thank you for your response. I will probably just play the "wait and see" game. I could deal with an inside cabin if I have to. At these prices I don't think there's a choice!

I imagine cruising in New England and Canada to be very beautiful.

thanks, AJ

With the cost of fuel going up and up every day, I'd question the "wait and see" for prices to come down. The New England/Canada cruise from Norfolk that I booked almost a year in advance went up by over $800 from the time I made the reservation. (We're leaving August 7) If you make a reservation and the price goes down you can get the lower price.

• 2 weeks later...

Sept. 27, 2008 inside cabin on Carnival Victory 7 day $469.00 plus tax, fuel surcharge and insurance. I booked in June 2008. I bought 2 shore excursions, plane ticket from Sacramento to Newark, NJ, and one night at Hilton Hotel Penn Station Newark. The total $1357. My sister is using a FF ticket so her price is lower.

This is a bonus trip, so we had to keep our cost low. Even with an inside cabin it will be a wonderful cruise.

Archived