Phila Port - train question

gram4haley

I am thinking about taking Amtrak to Philadelphia and then getting a taxi to the Port. (I have never been on a train or in a taxi.) (We are sailing on NCL)

When I arrive at the station in Philadelphia, is it difficult to get a taxi on a Saturday to the port? What is the approximate taxi cost for 2 people and luggage?

Cabs are outside 30th Street/Amtrak station in Philadelphia, 24 hours a day. The train station is directly over/next to, I-76, which is one of the routes to get to the Naval Shipyard/Cruise Terminal. the cost should be around than $20.00 using the expressway

A bridge on I-76 in the area of the University Avenue, Grays Ferry Avenue and South Street Exits, is undergoing construction. This area experiences delays mainly during the week during rush hour. Due to lane closures, traffic during the weekend can be delayed, but nothing like during the week. Without traffic the trip is 10 minutes or so and 6 miles using the expressway.

As you can see, I have nothing else better to do than to make sure your trip to Philly is easy and welcoming!:)

The address of the cruise terminals is 5100 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia Naval Business Center/Shipyard.

Where are you coming from in Central PA? Lancaster, Hershey, the Gap, Jonestown, Williamsport?

Here's a link on this board to tourist information, food, tourist attractions and hotels near the shipyard/cruise terminal, just in case you want to come in a day or two or three early. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=800625

From Center City(downtown) to the port should BE $20 flat without turning on the meter, this is the rate from any CC location to the areas such as the Airport, Airport Hotels and to the pier, please don't let them try and get over, also when I lived there they actually had this posted inside the cab as well

Archived