Ti Kaye/Island Divers

JRCRUZER

We plan on spending the day snorkeling with Island Divers at Ti Kaye and would like to hear from those of you that may have recently been there and done this. We would like info/opinions on the Snorkeling, Beach, Food, Facility, etc.

• 1 month later...
I was wondering if you did this and if so, would you give us a review? Thanks.

We haven’t gone yet, but will be there on the 17th. I will let you know how everything went when we return. What I can tell you now is that I have e-mailed them several times and every time they have replied back either the same day or the next and usually with pretty concise answers to our questions. So far so good.

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks. I emailed them 3 days ago at this address islanddivers@candw.lc and have not heard from them yet. I got the email address off their site. Can you tell me if this is the address you used?

That's the same address I've been using, used twice today as a mater of fact and have gotten replies back already. Maybe their too busy e-mailing me (lol). Something I have found happens a lot, especialy with "non dot coms" is that they get blocked by your computer's security. You might want to check that out.

Cheers,

Joe

That's the same address I've been using, used twice today as a mater of fact and have gotten replies back already. Maybe their too busy e-mailing me (lol). Something I have found happens a lot, especialy with "non dot coms" is that they get blocked by your computer's security. You might want to check that out.

Cheers,

Joe

I don't think that's the problem, because blocked mail goes to my junk folder, and there's nothing there from them. I'll give them a few more days and try again, if I don't hear from them. Anything can happen with email.

I know you are excited about your upcoming cruise! I hope these hurricanes don't disrupt anything for you.

I did a 2 tank dive with island divers last April. Enjoued the dives. You are transported to Ti Kaye resort by boat. Nice 20 min or so boat ride along the coast. You will see the beach on the island divers site. The reefs are right off the beach. When we got back from diving there were about 3 boats there with other cruisers wanting to snorkel. I didn't eat but the others in my group did. They all said the food was great and of good quanity. If I remember correctly a beer will cost about $5. You depart the resort at 3 pm and they did alittle sight seeing on the way back. Make sure you know were they plan on picking you up. I spent 20 mins looking for them.

Hi cruisin 07

We are planning a 2 tank dive with them. We are concerbed that we might not be able to get to the meeting point on time. What cruise did you take and how close the meeting point is to the boat?

Thanks

Hi ievayn,

The pick up point is just outside the terminal. If you walk straight throught the terminal there is a lagoon. This is were they picked me up along with others doing fishing, etc. I did the 2 tank dive without the lunch option. It was a lot cheaper and I think once you rent all the gear it cost around $100. They take you right to the resort where you do all the paper work and get your gear. The deepest dive was around 75 ft.

Hope this helps

Hi ievayn,

The pick up point is just outside the terminal. If you walk straight throught the terminal there is a lagoon. This is were they picked me up along with others doing fishing, etc. I did the 2 tank dive without the lunch option. It was a lot cheaper and I think once you rent all the gear it cost around $100. They take you right to the resort where you do all the paper work and get your gear. The deepest dive was around 75 ft.

Hope this helps

Crusin 07,

I have a couple of quick questions for you.

Which Pier/Cruise terminal did you dock at (Pointe Seraphine?) ??

Did they have signs ??

And did they pick you up in thier boat or a van??

Thank you,

Joe

Yes, it is Point Seraphine. Just go through the shopping area at the pier and proceed across the parking area to the dock. You can't miss it - most of the excursions depart from there. You are going to LOVE Ti Kaye and Island Divers operation. The staff was very friendly and informative. There is a very cool little beach bar/restaurant at one end of the beach where your lunch will be served. Take the time (and effort!) to walk up the stairs to the resort - it is just beautiful and you can take a dip in the pool there is you'd like. The view is spectacular. Wish I was back there right now...

Enjoy!

...and oh yeah - the snorkeling is very good along both sides of the cove but be aware of the current, which can be quite strong and make swimming back in something of a chore. Also, many of the huge catamaran excursions stop at the beach for an hour or so and it may be somewhat crowded along the right side of the cove (snorkeling) for a while. But you will arrive before them and stay until after they're gone so don't worry, it's only a temporary inconvenience.

(be sure to try the rum punch at the beach bar....mmmm....)

Archived