Victoria--Yangtze R. Cruise: Library?

Mysteryreader

We're taking an Odysseys Unlimited China tour in Sept which includes a Victoria Yangtze River cruise. This is an odd duck question, but where other than CC could I possibly find the answer?

We're facing 26 1/2 hrs total flight time from PHL to Beijing. Dh and I are dreading that much time, but w/o a stack of bks, it would be unbearable. That means we'll be arriving in China w/ a stack of bks and more flights--both intra-China and back to PHL--ahead of us.

We have cruised on Celebrity. Their onboard library has a bk exchange feature; you can drop your finished bks off and pick up others left by previous pax. Will we have any such service on our Victoria cruise? If not, we'll have to carry 2X as many bks.

I know this is a long shot, but as Thomas Jefferson said, "I cannot live without bks." <bg>

M/R

wasn't on the victoria, but the viking library had a fair amount of books, folks leaving what they read. I ended up trading w/a gal who loved the autor I was reading, and I liked hers, so we traded prior to leaving the ship. lots of folks w/their books onboard.

Hi here,the Yangtze river cruise we took with Vicking has an excellent library in a few languages.

I would take a couple of big paperbooks each with you for the plane,and swap when you get aboard.

helga38 :)

• 1 month later...

Archived