Everything Splendor

big_duck

Thanks for all the info Don. Did you use the laundry facilities? Were they crowded?

LOL, the Deck 7 laundry room was in constant use from embarkation day onward. I did use the iron there and in the "pressing room" right below it on deck 6. We waited until they ran their bag of laundry special. We did such a good job of stuffing the bag we got to bags of folded laundry back. :D

Now that some of us have been, it's time for a Splendor information thread.

If you want to know something specific please ask.

Ok...just rub it in why don't ya!!! Like I am not already jealous enough!!!!!!

:) can you remember how far into the cruise did they offer the "bag of laundy special" and is it still $20.00...?thanks

LOL, the Deck 7 laundry room was in constant use from embarkation day onward. I did use the iron there and in the "pressing room" right below it on deck 6. We waited until they ran their bag of laundry special. We did such a good job of stuffing the bag we got to bags of folded laundry back. :D

I have been trying to find out if the Splendor has a chapel on it? No one seems to know! Any idea?

Barbie

Only Spirit Class ships have chapels.

No smoking at outside bars and pools? Think I will cancel. Carnival can kiss my $10,000 a year goodbye.

:rolleyes:

No smoking at outside bars and pools?

Duck...please tell me this isn't so?

I just realized that you and Z...NolaAlive were on the same cruise? Did you all meet up break bread, share wine and all that?

Duck...please tell me this isn't so?

I just realized that you and Z...NolaAlive were on the same cruise? Did you all meet up break bread, share wine and all that?

Deck 9 pools yes. There is a pool on Deck 11 by the waterslide, I would imagine you could smoke starboard side there.

I was in the middle of quitting smoking whilst on this cruise, that kind of agitation I didn't need.

No smoking at outside bars and pools? Think I will cancel. Carnival can kiss my $10,000 a year goodbye.

No need to cancel, I think the responses you will get about smoking will all be negative, the anti-smoker regimen will say anything to not get you on a sailing because you smoke. I smoke my husband doesn't. We are booked for 5/9 and I intend to enjoy my cruise with a drink in one hand and cigarette in another, to those who don't like it, go to your desingated area.

i have just been on splendor, i smoke, we went to the aft pool (i think its nicer than the middle one,) when i wanted a smoke i just nipped up stairs on starboard side and the ashtrays are right there.if you want to smoke and drink go to the grand piano bar, ron pass plays there, brilliant guy, enjoy.

Deck 9 pools yes. There is a pool on Deck 11 by the waterslide, I would imagine you could smoke starboard side there.

I was in the middle of quitting smoking whilst on this cruise, that kind of agitation I didn't need.

Cigars too or just cigs?

Didn't want to have to break out in song huh :p

ETA: Ron will be back at a later date...

Big Duck:

I am now officially "a little" less jealous because the UPGRADE FAIRY just moved us from our interior Spa cabin to a BALCONY SPA CABIN!!!!!

yea!!!!!

Big Duck:

I am now officially "a little" less jealous because the UPGRADE FAIRY just moved us from our interior Spa cabin to a BALCONY SPA CABIN!!!!!

yea!!!!!

WOW, what an upgrade. Is it on Panorama or Spa deck.

Big Duck:

yea!!!!!

Guess you can't argue with that. Congrats. :D

Big Duck:

yea!!!!!

Wow, did you have a guarantee or a room? How did that happen? I have an interior spa and would love to find the upgrade fairy!

Wow, did you have a guarantee or a room? How did that happen? I have an interior spa and would love to find the upgrade fairy!

We did not have a guarantee.

We have a child with Autism who travels with us, so in the past we have always had to select the cabin to make sure he was not in an Upper.

Carnival was very careful to make sure our Balcony Spa cabin was ok for him. They were wonderful!!!

We did not have a guarantee.

We have a child with Autism who travels with us, so in the past we have always had to select the cabin to make sure he was not in an Upper.

Carnival was very careful to make sure our Balcony Spa cabin was ok for him. They were wonderful!!!

So did they just call you out of the blue?

Archived