Transportation from Rome airport to Civitavecchia

I don't know about hotel options but the cheapest way to get there would be train. There is a nonstop train from FCO to Rome's Termini Train station. From there you can take another train to Civitavecchia. It's been a few years but it was about 10 - 12 euro for the train from FCO to Termini & I think about 15 - 20 euro for the train to Civitavecchia. The one from FCO runs pretty frequently I've never seen times posted but on www.raileurope.com you should be able to find times to Civitavecchia. Have a great trip:)

Hi, you will find lots of information in the Ports of Call Section. Also, you should find your Roll Call which will give you the opportunity to "chat" with others on the same cruise and see what options they are taking to get around.

We were on the Legend of the Seas last August from Rome -- wonderful cruise; review and photos in the links below.

Enjoy your cruise and Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Kathy:)

How does one get from the airport to Civitavecchia cheaply? Are there hotels in Civitavecchia if one wants to rest up overnight before boarding ship?

For train info, read this page: www.ftroute.com/FCO_ROM_CIV.htm . I wrote the original document in Mar 2007 for those on our Legend of the Seas sailing in Jun 2007 (updated since then.)

Yes, there are hotels in Civitavecchia. We are sailing on the Legend on Oct 5th and arriving (by train, of course) the day before for a nights stay by the sea. Suggest you check venere.com, hotels.com, booking.com or similar.

There are a few hotels in Civitavecchia, but I found this little B&B that I was going to stay at, but with 3 days pre-cruise, we decided we didn't want to be on the train for 3 hours travelling back and forth each day.

Check it out, it looks lovely, and the price is certainly better than hotels.

http://nuke.casamicacv.it/

Archived