Icy Strait Point Whale Watching

gisele21

I have a little dilemma I hope you can help me solve. My sister's family and I are traveling together. My group is 2 adults, a 5 year old, a 19 month old, and my mother. My sister is traveling with her husband and 2 kids, age 14 and 9.

At Icy Strait Point, we want to do the whale watching. My son is crazy about animals, and would like to see the marine animals. I would like to take him on an independent tour. I called F.I.S.H.E.S. and they have only 2 spots left in the afternoon. I'll admit, I prefer to go on an independent myself.

That means the rest of the family would probably go on the RCCL whale watching excursion. Is the ship's excursion good? Is this a morning excursion? We are thinking of tag teaming the 19 month old so I watch her during the RCCL excursion, and my husband watches our son when we go on the independent.

Or the other option is we all go on the RCCL excursion together. But I'll admit I personally want to go on FISHES because I've heard such good things about them here. I could also try to find another independent and only take my niece and nephew with us (my sister and her husband are not interested in whale watching).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

The RCCL was whale watching excusion was absolutely wonderful. We went in the afternoon after a morning of ATVing & ZipRiding. We followed a pod of humpbacks while they bubble-netted and were able to listen to them as they chased the fish to the surface. They were so close and even went under the boat and out the other side. We saw several Doll Porpoises who loved playing in the wake of the boat, so the boat kept making circles. It was a blast. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. They have free hot chocolate, tea and coffee on board. They even suppply binoculars no charge. We did this excursion about two weeks ago as a last minute addition and are so glad we did. The kids loved it too.

Archived