Dawn - Questions about pool

reenicruiser

I've read several times that the main pool is loud and too crowded, and often I hear about the indoor pool at/near the spa. Is there a charge to use this spa pool?

yes there is is part of the spa that's why its so less crowded...its a lap pool BTW.

It is an absolutely beautiful pool! We found the charge to be well worth it and bought passes for our two week cruise!

I will post pictures in a minute. There was never more than one other person in there with us... and that includes the hut tub and the thalassotherapy pool (which was AMAZING). The view of the wake was very serene! I would highly recommend it. Nothing else has compared...

Ryan

Here is the pool:

n589360342_3529920_7772.jpg

n589360342_3529923_8903.jpg

Here is the thlass pool. It's hard to see, but the metal bars are arranged so you can lay out on them... it was REALLY hot, but oh so relaxing:

n589360342_3529921_8187.jpg

The showers and just in view the loungers that face the wake... HEAVEN.

n589360342_3529922_8549.jpg

The main pool (below at embarkation) was busy... and small it's true. But it had a nice area surrounding it that had a couple inches of water... so you could sit there and keep cool while not actually being in the pool.

n589360342_1781145_4635.jpg

Very nice pictures of both the outdoor pool area as well as the indoor poo/spa area.

Some questions regarding indoor pool .... in case the outdoor pool becomes just a bit too crowded ;)

What was the price to use the indoor pool?

Was there a daily price or was it a weekly pass?

Heard that the indoor pool is also a lap pool...is it constantly providing motion in order to swim laps or are there times when the water just remains calm? Other than the indoor pool, what other amenities are included with indoor pool/spa price?

Glad you like the pics!

I can't remember what the pricing was... there were both day and week passes (in our case, we paid for a pass for the full two weeks).

Our pass gave you aceess to the spa pool, hot tub and thalassotherapy pool, as well as the loungers and showers. You had access to the sauna and plunge pools (in the mens change room there were hot and freezing cold bath tubs, not sure about the ladies ;)). It also gave you access to the mens and womens serenity areas. These rooms were separated and had padded loungers overlooking the wake, with a TV and coffee/tea/water.

I know someone referred to it as a lap pool but there was no motion in the water for us, it was just still like a regular pool. It was also fresh water if I remember right, as opposed to salt water like the main deck pool.

Hopefully someone else can provide some info regarding the price!

There you go... that sounds about what we paid!

It really was worth it... we were in there a lot. We were out of New York in November and spent much of the first sea day inside because the weather wasn't great on deck.

I am familiar with the type of pool you mean, but this way not a "lap pool" in the spa area on the Dawn. It was totally still... like any regular pool. It did not have fast flowing water which you could exercise in.

I was on the Dawn two weeks ago. I can only describe the main pool as a zoo. Way too small of a pool area for that size of a ship. Anyone who says different must love to swim in a sea of people.

Your view is valid, but on a sunny sea day, with a full ship, you could have a pool three times as big and it would still seem crowded. Go very early in the morning, or late in the afternoon. Or better yet, on port days you can enjoy the pool (as well as the entire ship) and avoid crowds.

thanks for the pricing info and what you get with it. Still wondering if it's a lap pool or not. I like to relax in a pool, not practice for the Olympics ;)

Herb - We purchased spa passes on the Dawn last week largely because we expected the pool/hot tubs area to be madness. And it was. But if I had it to do over I might just do the $20/day; as relaxing as the facility was, I only used it 3 times (after all, we were in Bermuda three of those days). The pool is a "lap pool" in that it is only three feet at the aft end, and four feet deep forward; not really great for anything but soaking, but was very relaxing. Temp is kept fairly warm - about 100 F.

Herb - We purchased spa passes on the Dawn last week largely because we expected the pool/hot tubs area to be madness. And it was. But if I had it to do over I might just do the $20/day; as relaxing as the facility was, I only used it 3 times (after all, we were in Bermuda three of those days). The pool is a "lap pool" in that it is only three feet at the aft end, and four feet deep forward; not really great for anything but soaking, but was very relaxing. Temp is kept fairly warm - about 100 F.

That is good advice. If we decide to use the indoor facility it'll be a one day deal. After using it once we can then decide if it's worth going to the second time. We're not that "anti -crowd" ;)

Archived