Upgrade from T

kazda

Hi

We're thinking of booking 2 twin share cabins fiesta deck T category.

As we're travelling with 2 teenage sons (15 & 16) we will have to say at time of booking that an adult will be in each cabin - being hubby and myself along with a son.

If we get an upgrade, will they automatically upgrade the 2 cabins to the same category class / same deck or is it possible that 1 cabin could be upgraded and the others left on Fiesta desk.

Our plan was once on the ship to have the kids in one of the cabins and hubby and myself in the other, however if only 1 cabin gets upgraded there is the possibilty that we could be split up and although we happy for them to be in a seperate cabin to us on Fiesta deck as there are only 14 cabins on that level so they won't be too far away from us, we don't to get an upgrade if that means we could be decks apart.

On past experience - If an upgrade is given - do they normally upgrade both cabins in the one booking. ?

Otherwise we may have to state 'no upgrades'.

Any past experiences on upgrades would be great..

thks

Karen

My past experience is that when the bookings are made together (as yours would have been) they are marked as 'linked' on the P & O system. We have had linked bookings upgraded a few times, and on every occasion, we have remained together.

If I was in your position I would leave my booking open for an upgrade and I would check the Cruise Personaliser every day to see if an upgrade is shown. If you are moved to different areas of the ship, contact your TA immediately (or P & O if you booked direct) and sweetly ask for the family to be kept close together.

Have a fantastic cruise.:):)

My past experience is that when the bookings are made together (as yours would have been) they are marked as 'linked' on the P & O system. We have had linked bookings upgraded a few times, and on every occasion, we have remained together.

thanks Ela 2

I rang P & O after receiving your post and they told me that even though the 2 cabins are booked together that they are 'seperate' cabin bookings and therefore 1 cabin could be upgraded and not the other.

It is good to know that on your past experience that the cabins are linked in the system and upgraded together.

I'll give them another ring and hopefully get an answer similiar to yours.

I just rang P & O again, and was told again that even though the 2 twin cabins would be linked in the system that 1 cabin could get an upgrade and not the other.

so now I'll have to decide whether we book 2 x twins on fiesta deck or 1 x 4 berth inside on another level and if we get an upgrade at least we are all together.

I just rang P & O again, and was told again that even though the 2 twin cabins would be linked in the system that 1 cabin could get an upgrade and not the other.

so now I'll have to decide whether we book 2 x twins on fiesta deck or 1 x 4 berth inside on another level and if we get an upgrade at least we are all together.

Yes, they also told us (each time) that we would not necessarily stay together if we were upgraded. On three occasions we had two cabins linked and on the last cruise we had four cabins linked. We all stayed together each time. I think P & O are playing it safe in advising what might happen, and I think this will always be their advice.

The T cabins are very small, and if I was booked in one and could have an up-grade I would take it. I can see it would be a problem if one cabin was up-graded and the other one wasn't. This is a decision only you can make.:):)

Yes, they also told us (each time) that we would not necessarily stay together if we were upgraded. On three occasions we had two cabins linked and on the last cruise we had four cabins linked. We all stayed together each time. I think P & O are playing it safe in advising what might happen, and I think this will always be their advice.

:):)

Thanks Ela 2

do you know, or have you had experience in this with all your upgrades...

If we book 2 x twin cabins for a family of 4, and if we were all to be upgraded - would they upgrade us to 2 x twin cabins on higher decks, OR, would they notice it is a family travelling together (by our surnames) - and therefore would they upgrade us to 1 x 4 berth cabin on a upper deck. ??

thanks for your info so far...it's been great

Thanks Ela 2

do you know, or have you had experience in this with all your upgrades...

If we book 2 x twin cabins for a family of 4, and if we were all to be upgraded - would they upgrade us to 2 x twin cabins on higher decks, OR, would they notice it is a family travelling together (by our surnames) - and therefore would they upgrade us to 1 x 4 berth cabin on a upper deck. ??

thanks for your info so far...it's been great

One thing I know about upgrades, if that they are upgrades (in terms of category of cabin). You have booked two two-berth cabins, so I do not believe they would move you to a quad. That would be down-grading. I have heard of people who have booked a quad being upgraded to two twins.

My comments were based on our personal experience as well as what friends have told me, not from inside knowledge of P & O. Friends of tried to get P & O to guarantee that with an upgrade they would stay close to their friends, and no such guarantee would be given. I didn't even ask.

I was told by P & O on a couple of separate occasions that bookings like yours (and ours) are 'linked' in the system. I would say this is why when we have been upgraded, we have stayed with our friends or family. Only on one occasion was the surname the same, so they were not only going by that. They also put linked bookings at the same dining table.

Is it worth asking your travel agent whether, if an upgrade is offered, you can be given the option of accepting it or declining provided you make an immediate decision. I don't know if this can be done, but I can see that P & O cannot afford to wait around while someone thinks about it. They would need to do the cabin allocation and then be finished with it.

All the best.:):)

Archived