Was/Is Explorer able to dock today (Tues) in Bermuda?

I have a friend who was supposed ot get married yesterday in Bermuda but couldn't since the ship couldn't dock due to the hurricane. Last I heard, she said the captain was going to try to dock there today (and she can have her wedding today instead). Anyone have any idea if Explorer is going to be able to dock today in Bermuda?

Hi esbie!!!!Its kristen.. I have been checking on the NCL board since the majesty was supposed to dock there yesterday too and they just docked in hamilton instead of st george, But at least its docked and thats good news for maggie!!!

Hi esbie!!!!Its kristen.. I have been checking on the NCL board since the majesty was supposed to dock there yesterday too and they just docked in hamilton instead of st george, But at least its docked and thats good news for maggie!!!

I am going to call royal caribbean in a few hours but they aren't open yet. I sure hope things work out for her..how stressful!

I am going to call royal caribbean in a few hours but they aren't open yet. I sure hope things work out for her..how stressful!

If those ships get in and they were supposed to be in st george so it seems like there determined to get these ships in. I wonder when they leave then if they get in. Werent they supposed to leave tonight? so I wonder how they are going to arrange her reception now. OO shes gonna have some good, bad, and the ugly,LOL

Check this link it shows Explorers position kings wharf

*****/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Explorer+of+the+Seas

Roy

That states that Explorer was scheduled to be there, but I don't know that it IS actually there. If you look, it says it was scheduled to arrive 1 day and 48 minutes ago, but we know it did not. I don't think this is accurate. Unfortunately.

That states that Explorer was scheduled to be there, but I don't know that it IS actually there. If you look, it says it was scheduled to arrive 1 day and 48 minutes ago, but we know it did not. I don't think this is accurate. Unfortunately.

I got all excited at first I just found another tracker that says its right off shore, but it also say the majesty is sitting further off sure but know for a fact that ship has docked.

I have a friend who was supposed ot get married yesterday in Bermuda but couldn't since the ship couldn't dock due to the hurricane. Last I heard, she said the captain was going to try to dock there today (and she can have her wedding today instead). Anyone have any idea if Explorer is going to be able to dock today in Bermuda?

Esbie - did she book thru RR or a private coordinator on the island?

Esbie - did she book thru RR or a private coordinator on the island?

She booked through a private WC, however she spoke with her WC Sunday night about not being able to dock Monday as planned, and her WC told her not to worry about it and she would scramble to get everything ready for Tuesday instead. So now I am just hoping they were able to dock today..otherwise I think she is going to be a very upset bride :(

She booked through a private WC, however she spoke with her WC Sunday night about not being able to dock Monday as planned, and her WC told her not to worry about it and she would scramble to get everything ready for Tuesday instead. So now I am just hoping they were able to dock today..otherwise I think she is going to be a very upset bride :(

fingers crossed!!!

Hi all,

I live in Bermuda. I looked out the window this morning and saw a RC ship docking at King's Wharf. It's a lovely day for a wedding, blue skies and calm weather.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Hope that weather holds out at least two more weeks! ;) :)

I got all excited at first I just found another tracker that says its right off shore, but it also say the majesty is sitting further off sure but know for a fact that ship has docked.

Would you mind sharing the web site of the other tracker you found? I love looking at *****, but its only the "scheduled" locations, not current time stuff.

Thanks!:)

while I have absolutly no information to contribute to the post...this is why I would be very leary about getting married in a port while on a ship...I guess this one was abit better of an idea than those that select a port where you tender

while I have absolutly no information to contribute to the post...this is why I would be very leary about getting married in a port while on a ship...I guess this one was abit better of an idea than those that select a port where you tender

I am much more leary about having my wedding coordinated through TWE (Royal Romance). They are the most incompetent individuals I have ever had the misfortune of speaking with. To me, it is well worth the risk of using a private WC.

Untill you have walked a mile in the shoes of a bride trying to plan her wedding thru Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience, you should refrain from making these types of comments....

THAT is how bad it really is.....

Untill you have walked a mile in the shoes of a bride trying to plan her wedding thru Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience, you should refrain from making these types of comments....

THAT is how bad it really is.....

I'm confused...the poster didn't mention anythink about TWE...I have to agree that it can be iffy getting married at a port.

I'm confused...the poster didn't mention anythink about TWE...I have to agree that it can be iffy getting married at a port.

Here is why it is relevent. Had my friend (and myself, for that matter) coordinated the wedding through TWE, and the ship could not dock, TWE would make other arrangements so that the wedding could go on (such as holding the ceremony at an alternate location). This is a selling point (or threat) that TWE uses to get brides to use them versus an outside wedding coordinator. My comment was meant to reflect the fact that although getting married at a port using a private WC can be risky, it is much more risky to use the incompetent wedding services priovided by TWE, even though they can accommodate changes in itinerary, whereas a private WC may not always be able to.

Archived