MUTS Being Added

Nymue

I know you have 4000 plus more posts than I do and have been here longer, therefore you are considered an Elder here AND my Momma told me to respect my elders, but you really seem to just want to just want to argue with me.

The me :p is just a cute little HAPPY smiley face, the box off to the side that is it is shown in is simply labled 'Smiles'....to me, it's a smile....nothing more (unless of course it's directed at Cass, than I really *AM* sticking out my tough :D ). If you know my intentions better than I, so be it.

I don't choose to partake in your "school-yard bickering"

To clarify, socilizing at MUTS to us means getting together and stopping by the bar or coffee bar and grabbing something first and than going as a group. When the movie is over grabbing a bite to eat or going to one of the nightclubs. Is that alright in your book of manners?

Anne

I really don't like to lower myself to school-yard bickering, but your continued use of this symbol - :p - infers that you are sticking your tongue out at people - and personally I think that rude, especially when its used to emphasize your points.

I hope you don't socialize too much at MUTS - I was always taught that talking during a movie attended by others was rude...

I know you have 4000 plus more posts than I do and have been here longer, therefore you are considered an Elder here AND my Momma told me to respect my elders, but you really seem to just want to just want to argue with me.

Your momma was a wise woman - you should listen to her. I would venture that the "want to argue" shoe is on your foot not mine.

Can you tell me what all this has to do with MUTS on ships? :rolleyes:

Hey Cass ~

Have you decide where you're going with Carnival? They have the 'Seaside Theater' on there newer ships.

Hugs,

Anne

Wow. That's as big as a MUTS screen :)

I have to be in California for business next summer so I picked a Carnival cruise out of Long Beach... but I just saw pics of the ship (Splendor) and it's a real dog - the interior designer must be a blind guy. :eek:

Seaside theatre, huh? sounds like something I would like :D Do they have a mall too?

If it has a Mall, I'll bet it even has Ziplining and Skateboarding too :p (let's hope the manner police aren't on patrol)

You can always go back to the British Isles with us :D

Hugs,

Anne

Seaside theatre, huh? sounds like something I would like :D Do they have a mall too?

I have to be in California for business next summer so I picked a Carnival cruise out of Long Beach... but I just saw pics of the ship (Splendor) and it's a real dog - the interior designer must be a blind guy. :eek:

quote]

My son just came back from Europe; Splendor cruise. They loved it. Different strokes, huh? :D

Will have it next year on the Crown, we can freeze our butts off.....unless of course we have weather like we did in 06' ;)

I found a good Latte' with a double shot of Kahlu'a helps with any chill (sugar, what sugar?) :rolleyes:

Besides, if it is chilly, just gives me a good reason to buy some Irish Woolen Blankets :p

British Isles was a great trip :)

Would have been better with MUTS though :p

My son just came back from Europe; Splendor cruise. They loved it. Different strokes, huh? :D

I'm not worried about the service or food etc... it was just the blinding decor! lol

have you seen it? it's like Liberace threw up all over it

have you seen it? it's like Liberace threw up all over it

Now my monitor needs cleaning, please warn me not to read things like this while I'm drinking coffee!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with MUTS on the ships that were designed to hold it. I like the way it was installed on CB. It's also a good idea on those ships since it provides another option for the evening's entertainment. I didn't like the fact that someone decided on day two of the inaugural that MUTS should be used for childrens' entertainment starting at 9 AM. It was the only place on the upper decks where one could find a bar that was open (shush, I was on vacation! :)), but the racket was terrible.

I think the way it was done on Grand Princess is poor; it's just too exposed. The only comfortable place to watch it on a cold night is from Lido Deck, near the pizza place, where you can get an occasional blast of warm air from the pizza overns. And it's ugly, it looks like the afterthought that it was. Another problem with the Grand is that the sound on Lido Deck is very intrusive within the enclosed area, and since you can't see the screen from most of the tables there, it's very annoying. My opinion is that the add-on to the older ships just doesn't work nearly as well as intended.

The only reason it was done on Grand Princess was that Mr. Arison saw MUTS on CB before she left for the inaugural cruise, and he was entranced with it since it was the only big screen in Florida that was larger than the one in his personal yacht.

I don't know why people get upset about having an option to see a movie. Ships have often had dedicated movie theatres. Regal Princess had a nice one, for example. Movies are shown on ships without MUTS in one of the lounges on a regular basis. Princess just implemented MUTS badly and created a lot of well-deserved passenger criticism in the process.

Amazing, on one hand, some want the Generic Mega Mall experience errr MUTS while on a cruise and at the same time have issues with Carnival Splendor’s décor. Clearly there are no rules regarding taste (which is often a maturity issue) when it comes to cruising or for that matter the points of view offered on this board.

In any case, Princess can install all the MUTS they desire to placate those lacking imagination and thus need the Generic Mega Mall experience to keep themselves entertained in the evening while on a cruise. (Hey why not a Olive Garden, Tony Roma , Red Lobster and a Banana Republic while they are at it have a Red Lobster at every port as well!) When such insipid ubiquitous monotony that infects cities and suburbs throughout the USA occurs on the Island or Coral Princess or on the smaller Princess ships, my days of sailing with Princess will be over. Be it HAL, Celebrity, Cunard or some other line, there will always be a cruise line that understands there are folks that have the money and that will pay , gladly pay, NOT to have the Generic Mega Mall experience while on a cruise.

For those that disagree with me, so be it, I have no doubt there is a Mega Mall or strip shopping center that will welcome you with open arms and a chain restaurant saving a seat for you. All can be had just down the road and again a bit further down the road, and yet again, a bit further down the road…. And so it goes.

Archived