First Time St. Maarten Review

bwohlgemuth

Hello All,

Well, we survived our week on Carnival's Glory. Besides the fact that the Love Boat theme was ringing through my head the entire time, the cruise wasn't too bad. Some quick notes....

Bernard's Tours were wonderful. There was a misunderstanding for our party of 13 (we thought we had a private tour) but Bernard was able to work out a deal where we had Thomas and a private coach all day to ourselves, pic below.

IMG_0638.JPG

Thomas was fantastic, great driver and we were able to pick and choose where we went. It definitely was the most memorable part of the entire trip.

As you can see, we had a wide variety of ages on this tour. We wanted to avoid the nude beaches, but also prepared the boys (and girls) for any stray mammaries that may come into view. We did run into one topless sunbather on Maho Beach, but besides my extremely interested 12 year old son, we all survived.

Maho Beach was as advertised. Video from that will come later.

Pics from St. Maarten can be found here.

I'd write more, but I've already written a bit on my blog about our trip on the Carnival Glory.

My DH and I will be sailing the Glory 8/2/2008, same ports, and would like more info about Bernard's. DH found him through searching CC and I'm a little concerned booking through an independent and not through Carnival. Do not want the ship to leave us :o

We haven't a clue as to what excursion to do here but from what he printed of Bernard's website, it looks as though we would see a whole lot.

Any advice you can give us is appreciated.

I would highly recommend Bernard. It looks like he is "outsourcing" his tours to other people, but Thomas was quite excellent. Because of the size of our groups, we were able to arrange a personal tour. Thomas let us go to a few places we wanted to, while providing tips for "what was worth seeing".

And yes, we saw Sea Urchin man as well (to the right....). :-)

IMG_0630.JPG

Archived