I just got a call from the "Upgrade Fairy" this Saturday CB

doolange

I am booked on the CB this Saturday (7/19). We had a mini suite and inside booked for my family of 6. Well, I just got a call from my travel agent that Princess is upgrading us to a family suite D105 and D101. My only hesitation was that it was located at the front of the ship, which can be a hassle. But, I decided I would be crazy to give it up. My teenage son (16) is not happy as he feels he is in the room with us. Me, I am so happy because I can keep a closer eye as we were a few doors away originally. Anyone know about this room or have any pictures?

Thanks

I am booked on the CB this Saturday (7/19). We had a mini suite and inside booked for my family of 6. Well, I just got a call from my travel agent that Princess is upgrading us to a family suite D105 and D101. My only hesitation was that it was located at the front of the ship, which can be a hassle. But, I decided I would be crazy to give it up. My teenage son (16) is not happy as he feels he is in the room with us. Me, I am so happy because I can keep a closer eye as we were a few doors away originally. Anyone know about this room or have any pictures?

Thanks

I visited one last year, although I neglected to take any pictures as it was a friends stateroom. They were also upgraded to it.

Tell the DS that he will still have a seperate entrance from the outer hall to his bedroom, and his own bathroom with shower, just like he would have with his inside stateroom. The only thing we saw different between an inside and a mini suite joined, is that there is a longer sitting area that connects the two of them. It is just like a mini suite with an inside cabin attached to it's side.

Remember, these also come with all full suite benefits, so complimentary laundry, complimentary bar set up, full room service, etc, will be yours.

Enjoy!

Wait a minute.....so on top of this, I can get them to do my laundry for free??? Does life get any better? Since I have never been in a suite, I didn't know of this benefit. Can someone let me know the suite benefits so I can get even more excited? (This is my 6th cruise and I have never been upgraded)

Wait a minute.....so on top of this, I can get them to do my laundry for free??? Does life get any better? Since I have never been in a suite, I didn't know of this benefit. Can someone let me know the suite benefits so I can get even more excited? (This is my 6th cruise and I have never been upgraded)

Here you go, I think you will be even more excited once you read all these perks.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

I just got the same call! For my Aug 24th cruise.

We had an AA Mini suite with an inside KK across the hall and they called to see if we would take the Family Suite D105 (which of course I said yes to!)

Here is the layout

stateroom_diagram_np_family_suite.gif

I don't see a door to the hall from the inside cabin area, maybe it's just not showing? Looking forward to ordering FULL dinner off the menu!!

I am supposed to be packing this afternoon but I am pacing the floor because I am soooooo excited! Saturday can't come soon enough. I just looked at the suite "perks" and I can't believe it. Free internet access? That will save me $$$ right there. My 4 kids are always trying to check their e-mail and such. In fact my daughters birthday is Monday and she goes on like 6 times that day to see who is messaging her "happy birthday". I have neve ordered room service so I don't really understand the idea of the expanded menu. Does anyone know?

I am supposed to be packing this afternoon but I am pacing the floor because I am soooooo excited! Saturday can't come soon enough. I just looked at the suite "perks" and I can't believe it. Free internet access? That will save me $$$ right there. My 4 kids are always trying to check their e-mail and such. In fact my daughters birthday is Monday and she goes on like 6 times that day to see who is messaging her "happy birthday". I have neve ordered room service so I don't really understand the idea of the expanded menu. Does anyone know?

First of all, Congrats Cass, what a lovely surprise for you and your daughter and traveling companions.

Doolange, The expanded room service menu means that you will have the diningroom menus delivered to your stateroom each morning, you can order off them just as if you were going to the diningroom for lunch or dinner if you wish.

Also, you will be given a full room service breakfast menu, compared to only an extended continental breakfast menu in other categories besides full suites.

So, if you had planned on a quiet romantic dinner while the kids are busy, it won't cost you the extra for the Ultimate Balcony dinner if you don't want it. Just order off the regular diningroom menu.

Full suites are fantastic, especially the perks on Princess. They will spoil you forever.

And the kids will have UNLIMITED internet access, complimentary, so that will definitely save you some $$$$.

congrats doolange, I forgot to congratulate your upgrade because I just heard about mine and was excited.

You will have a wonderful cruise and you can come back with all your laundry clean!

A nice long roomy balcony for your family too, much better for the kids to hang out on compared to the inside cabin they had before.

Take pics for me! I'll be looking forward to hearing your review.

what did this upgrade cost you

Occasionally, when the cruise line needs the stateroom you have booked, for any reason, they will give you a complimentary upgrade to free up your cabin. Sometimes to a much nicer accomodation.

When this happens, there is no charge for the upgrade.

But don't get too excited, this doesn't happen very often anymore, that is the reason we are all congratulating the member.

That is why I can't stay focused and I am as excited as I am. I know these upgrades don't happen very often and especially out of the New York port. Problem is, how will I ever go back to a balcony stateroom :) .

I have been searching the web for pictures and I can't find any. Therefore, I will make it my job to take some so we can post them here on cruise critic. I will definitely review when I get home.

Oh.....thanks for all the well wishes! This really is a gift.

That is why I can't stay focused and I am as excited as I am. I know these upgrades don't happen very often and especially out of the New York port. Problem is, how will I ever go back to a balcony stateroom :) .

I have been searching the web for pictures and I can't find any. Therefore, I will make it my job to take some so we can post them here on cruise critic. I will definitely review when I get home.

Oh.....thanks for all the well wishes! This really is a gift.

Someone posted these the other day, can't remember who, but it is an accurate picture of the family suite.

This will give you a little glimpse of what is in store. The only ones I have seen are of the sitting area and the balcony. Therefore we need someone to take some pics of the sleeping areas and bathrooms in these suites. hint hint

562777544_FamilySuitesittingarea.jpg.2f4a685a145b4e1cbd96b98c4855868e.jpg

380561344_FamilySuiteBalcony.jpg.0f77b23d211453c61812efc423193dd2.jpg

Congratulations to both you and Casshew - that is very exciting! We had an upsell through NCL to a suite for our Baltics cruise and it was wonderful, it would have been much better if it had been a true upgrade that you both received. This makes your trip so much more special!! Have fun!

Hi Doolange!

Even though it is 4 days til the cruise, you can still join our Roll Call. We have a meet and greet on Sunday so everyone on our roll call board can see faces and meet each other. There a a couple guys your son's age (16), and a few girls, including me (15) and my best friend (16). Feel free to come and join and meet us. We would be delighted to have you. Details on the meet and greet are on the board. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=596185

I just got the same call! For my Aug 24th cruise.

We had an AA Mini suite with an inside KK across the hall and they called to see if we would take the Family Suite D105 (which of course I said yes to!)

Here is the layout

stateroom_diagram_np_family_suite.gif

I don't see a door to the hall from the inside cabin area, maybe it's just not showing? Looking forward to ordering FULL dinner off the menu!![/quote]

Congrats on the up upgrade - wow it must be the week for them :)

I noticed there was no door to the other room:confused:

That layout now has me wondering. I know on the Star there was a seperate entrance for the inside stateroom part of the room (I only know as I went to it by mistake lol). Could they have omitted them on the newer ships maybe? Anyone know for sure?

I don't want the OP's son emailing me from the ship calling me all those pretty names as he doesn't have his own entrance to his part of the stateroom. ;)

Archived