I just got a call from the "Upgrade Fairy" this Saturday CB

doolange

Congrats on the up upgrade - wow it must be the week for them :)

It sure is. I came here to post about my upgrade and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this thread with an identical situation, same ship, same Suite, same type of switch (from mini + inside)

OK, I might be safe. I just checked the cabin layout for the Star and it is the same as Cass posted, without the second entrance showing and I know the Star had an entrance to both sides of the family suite. So, hopefully, it is just not showing up on the layout.

I really was a little hesitant at first because A. the location at the front of the ship, I was afraid of the motion and B. my son is bringing his friend and thought the lack of privacy was an issue. The travel agent said there is definitely 2 entrances. One to our "mini suite" part and the other entrance is to their "inside". These are connected by the living area which looks to the balcony. After I have been able to ponder the fact that I can have all 3 of my children come home with clean clothes, breakfast on my balcony with the chaos of those buffet lines in the morning, I can get on and off the ship before anyone else, I get comfortable beds, etc. etc. etc. I think to myself I ACTUALLY HAD TO THINK ABOUT THIS? I MUST HAVE LOST MY MIND FOR A MINUTE.

Anyway, I will report back. My son is actually very excited because I told him the room service was "extra special" and he can order more than just the limited one he was used to. So we are a very excited family, to say the least.

They can walk right into their closet lol

Well, there was no walk in closet on the Star that I saw. In fact, they said there was very little closet space in the inside portion on the Star family suite, but if I remember correctly, two small seperate areas outside the bathroom. The entrance from the hall was located like it is with most staterooms, right next to the bathroom. Guess you will have to fill us in on complete details (with pictures) when you return. ;)

I really was a little hesitant at first because A. the location at the front of the ship, I was afraid of the motion and B. my son is bringing his friend and thought the lack of privacy was an issue. The travel agent said there is definitely 2 entrances. One to our "mini suite" part and the other entrance is to their "inside". These are connected by the living area which looks to the balcony. After I have been able to ponder the fact that I can have all 3 of my children come home with clean clothes, breakfast on my balcony with the chaos of those buffet lines in the morning, I can get on and off the ship before anyone else, I get comfortable beds, etc. etc. etc. I think to myself I ACTUALLY HAD TO THINK ABOUT THIS? I MUST HAVE LOST MY MIND FOR A MINUTE.

Anyway, I will report back. My son is actually very excited because I told him the room service was "extra special" and he can order more than just the limited one he was used to. So we are a very excited family, to say the least.

On the one I visited, there was also an interior door that closed off the inside stateroom part of the family suite from the main sitting area. So, there should be some privacy in the mini suite part without any problems. :)

. I think to myself I ACTUALLY HAD TO THINK ABOUT THIS? I MUST HAVE LOST MY MIND FOR A MINUTE.

That's funny! I didnt' even hesitate - it was yes, Yes, YES!! :cool:

The boys will eat like Kings :D

Some friends of ours had the family suite on the Grand a couple of years ago and they said the only downside is the balcony is very windy on sea days because it is in the very front of the ship.

I am booked on the CB this Saturday (7/19). We had a mini suite and inside booked for my family of 6. Well, I just got a call from my travel agent that Princess is upgrading us to a family suite D105 and D101. My only hesitation was that it was located at the front of the ship, which can be a hassle. But, I decided I would be crazy to give it up. My teenage son (16) is not happy as he feels he is in the room with us. Me, I am so happy because I can keep a closer eye as we were a few doors away originally. Anyone know about this room or have any pictures?

Thanks

The same happened to friends of mine, we went to there cabin, the wind was so bad, we went back to our cabin mid ship and used our veranda.

What a great treat - I'm hoping that little fairy finds her way over to the Emerald for March 2009 :) We would certainly enjoy the same 'upgrade' :) With three boys I could really use the laundry service for tee-shirts alone!!

Jayna k :)

:( I'm really happy for you and your good fortune, :( really........:D

Wind Schmind! I love balconies but what a great room! Congrats on the upgrades!!! I could go "wind blown" for a while.

Seriously, I hope it's the vacation of a lifetime for you!

I am booked on the CB this Saturday (7/19). We had a mini suite and inside booked for my family of 6. Well, I just got a call from my travel agent that Princess is upgrading us to a family suite D105 and D101. My only hesitation was that it was located at the front of the ship, which can be a hassle. But, I decided I would be crazy to give it up. My teenage son (16) is not happy as he feels he is in the room with us. Me, I am so happy because I can keep a closer eye as we were a few doors away originally. Anyone know about this room or have any pictures?

Congrats! Enjoy your cruise.

Can I ask you what cabins you had before your upgrade?

I don't see D101 on the deck plans - where exactly is this cabin?

Here is the layout

stateroom_diagram_np_family_suite.gif

I don't see a door to the hall from the inside cabin area, maybe it's just not showing?

This is the only plan I can find showing the door in the inside cabin. Toto, was the bed like this in Vicki's Family Suite or were they like the first plan?

40c4cf0015a76.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I am booked on the CB this Saturday (7/19). We had a mini suite and inside booked for my family of 6. Well, I just got a call from my travel agent that Princess is upgrading us to a family suite D105 and D101.

Okay dolange, you have been back for a while - where are the pics? :D I'd like to see your Famly Suite, please. :)

Occasionally, when the cruise line needs the stateroom you have booked, for any reason, they will give you a complimentary upgrade to free up your cabin. Sometimes to a much nicer accomodation.

When this happens, there is no charge for the upgrade.

But don't get too excited, this doesn't happen very often anymore, that is the reason we are all congratulating the member.

hi toto you get about, i have noticed you are on alot of different pages, you are very very helpful with these threads. a round of applause for toto everyone. anyway can you tell me what i get being in room 402 in the golden , does that come with extras. its a suite with a sitting room area in one side and the bedroom on the other, it has a bath too.

cat

That layout now has me wondering. I know on the Star there was a seperate entrance for the inside stateroom part of the room (I only know as I went to it by mistake lol). Could they have omitted them on the newer ships maybe? Anyone know for sure?

I don't want the OP's son emailing me from the ship calling me all those pretty names as he doesn't have his own entrance to his part of the stateroom. ;)

the golden definetely has two doors as i was in it when the ship stopped at glasgow and we came on for lunch.

i must admit it was funny being on the golden in glasgow for a visit compaired to being on in in the caribbean.

the ship was doing a tour of the UK and as we are princess customers they asked us while the ship was visiting would we like to come on for the day, so we said yes and that is when we took the opportunity to go look at the family room, which is a great room.

cat

anyway can you tell me what i get being in room 402 in the golden , does that come with extras. its a suite with a sitting room area in one side and the bedroom on the other, it has a bath too.

cat

Which exact category did you book? Is it a full suite? Or is it a mini suite? The perks for a mini suite and full suite are totally different, but both do have a sitting area and a sleeping area and a bath tub also.

Just the deck name and the 402 will give me an idea. ;) Although I already have a feeling it is a mini suite because of the stateroom number 402.

And thanks for the kind words. :)

This is the only plan I can find showing the door in the inside cabin. Toto, was the bed like this in Vicki's Family Suite or were they like the first plan?

40c4cf0015a76.jpg

Sorry Cass, missed this the first time around. Vicky had the first set up with two sets of bunk beds in the inside part of the family suite, not the second with the two rooms each with queens. But even with the first set up, there were definitely two seperate entrances.

Cinderella-

If you are booked in Caribe Deck 402, that indeed is a full suite, it is a PH category, and here is where you can find the list of amenities associated with this suite.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

BUT, if it's Dolphin 402, then that would be a mini suite and except for a few little perks, like a glass of champagne upon arrival, there aren't many associated with the mini suites.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that you have Caribe 402 booked. ;)

Archived