Triumph from NY to Canada/New England

Has anyone done this sailing? Can you tell me how the water conditions are "normally"? Time of year is early July. I know that here on the West Coast we can expect the North bound sailings to be a bit rougher than going Southbound. What about on the East coast?? Thanks for the help!

I took this cruise on the Triumph in July of 2005. You can expect the average temp. in New York to be in the low to mid 80s. Once you hit open water, it can dip into the low 60s at night plus it can get windy. There was a lot of fog every night so you may hear the fog horn a lot if you are near it. The water became a bit choppy on the last night, but nothing major. I could not really feel it on the riviera deck, but it was noticeable on the higher decks.

Of course, any weather systems in the area when you cruise will impact the wave height.

In port, the temps were in the low to mid 70's.

Let me know if you have any questions.

We took this ship to Canada in September of 1999, and had great seas and weather.

We did this run on the Victory in July last year. Seas were calm, but we had lots of fog on the way up AND down, and it turned really cold on our way home ijn the PM.

Pools are cold as well.

St. John and Halifax are quaint towns to visit.

for the great replies.

I have a small group of family/friends planning the Sept 26, 2009 sailing. Booking early to get best cruise deal and perks, now just have to worry about pre cruise vacation home and air prices but too early to get rates.

Anyone have any contacts with vacation rentals anywhere near or around NYC?

If you want to rent a house near NYC your best bet would probably be the Jersey shore. This site seems to have a lot of listings.

http://www.shorevacations.com/

If you feel like a longer drive to the city, try eastern Long Island.

Thanks for that link, I will check it out. I have at least 10 persons that need lodging for a week.

I think that renting a house is a good way to go for that many people. NYC hotels are ridiculously expensive. Since you are not renting during peak season, you should be able to get a good rate.

If you do not find anything in Jersey, let me know. I live on Long Island and can try to get you some contact info. The Long Beach/Lido Beach area on Long Island is about a 60 to 90 minute ride to the city.

Thanks again Joe. I might just take you up on that offer..

None of us have been to NY and not enough research yet on where the terminal is, where we will choose to fly into etc as we still have 437 days till sail day. Need to wait another few months to even try and find airfare prices to all options.

I will try and reseach the link this weekend for the homes for rent.

I so appreciate you input..

Archived