Legend vs. Valor

Lil Starr

:confused: :confused: :confused: After long and strenuous thought, I finally decided that my next cruise had to definitely be the Western Caribbean. I found the perfect itinerary, but carnival has two ships doing it. The Valor and the Legend. Now I went on the Pride last year and I know the Legend is her sister, but I don't now which to choose. Should I go for what I know or should I try something new? Secondly, I'm not a huge fan of crowds and I know that the Valor is a much bigger ship than i'm used to (I'll be on the Elation in 33 days), so if I do choose the Valor will I be completely overwhelmed by personal space violations. PLEASE HELP!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank You in advance.

Da Valor is much too big. I see lots of kidds make lots of noise. Da legend is good choice for da people who will be anti-soshal. I go on da pride in da summer last year and da valor in march da valor is not a nice ship. it's loud and moves a lot.

:confused: :confused: :confused: After long and strenuous thought, I finally decided that my next cruise had to definitely be the Western Caribbean. I found the perfect itinerary, but carnival has two ships doing it. The Valor and the Legend. Now I went on the Pride last year and I know the Legend is her sister, but I don't now which to choose. Should I go for what I know or should I try something new? Secondly, I'm not a huge fan of crowds and I know that the Valor is a much bigger ship than i'm used to (I'll be on the Elation in 33 days), so if I do choose the Valor will I be completely overwhelmed by personal space violations. PLEASE HELP!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank You in advance.

If you liked the open space and sense of freedom and this is "my" vacation that the Pride offered you will likely be disappointed by the lack of that on the Valor. I made that mistake not realizing the BIG difference in ships. I went on the Miracle for my first cruise, then Glory for my 2nd. Was really missing the openess of the Spirit class. If itenarary is what you want, then go for the Legend! Given your preferences she is probably what you want. By the way, a recent poll makes her the most popular in the line! I'm on her in Sept. and can't wait.

No matter what you decide, happy cruising!

If you liked the open space and sense of freedom and this is "my" vacation that the Pride offered you will likely be disappointed by the lack of that on the Valor. I made that mistake not realizing the BIG difference in ships. I went on the Miracle for my first cruise, then Glory for my 2nd. Was really missing the openess of the Spirit class. If itenarary is what you want, then go for the Legend! Given your preferences she is probably what you want. By the way, a recent poll makes her the most popular in the line! I'm on her in Sept. and can't wait.

No matter what you decide, happy cruising!

Thank you for your advice and for that piece of information on the Polls. Very interesting.

Looking at the itenary I think I would go on the Legend. I've been on the conquest to western carribean and probaly would not go again because of the stops. Stay away from progresso or don't bother to leave the ship there. I do love the type of ships that are in that class. We are sailing on the Valor in sept for a eastern carribean cruise. I didnot find the conquest crowded but I do not believe you need to travel during the school vacation time if you are trying to stay away from children. That's why we are sailing in sept. The kids are back in school. Either way you will have a great time I'm sure.

Looking at the itenary I think I would go on the Legend. I've been on the conquest to western carribean and probaly would not go again because of the stops. Stay away from progresso or don't bother to leave the ship there. I do love the type of ships that are in that class. We are sailing on the Valor in sept for a eastern carribean cruise. I didnot find the conquest crowded but I do not believe you need to travel during the school vacation time if you are trying to stay away from children. That's why we are sailing in sept. The kids are back in school. Either way you will have a great time I'm sure.

I was looking at the itinerary going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. The only time I'll be able to go would be the begining of August. Has anyone done this itinerary or know anything about it. The children on board don't really bother me, it's more of the long lines and thick crowds that bother me most.

I did the Legend with those same stops in May. It was a great cruise. I loved the ports and the ship itself. Granted there may be more kids in August compared to May, and there's a *chance* that a hurricane may make it so you go to completely different ports, but I would still do the Legend in August... or anytime of the year!

The Valor sails out of Miami, right? My only cruise was the Legend; I have never even been to Miami. But I can say that the Port in Tampa was easy in and easy out, and sailing under the Sunshine Skyway was a definate plus!

And for lots of reasons. Depending on the sailing, the Valor can accommodate nearly 4000 passengers and just about 1000 of them could be children. After sailing on the Glory and the Liberty, I found the Legend to be like a breath of fresh air. The Legend never felt crowded and is so easy to navigate. I liked it so well I'm going again next April!

GO LEGEND......I love the spirit class ships. I have sailed all but the Spirit and they are great...it seems to me the service is beter, the food is better and the layout is great.You will never be disapointed with a spirit class ship..:)

:) Thank you for all of your responses. At first I was swaying to the side of the Valor, simply for the new experience, but it seems to me that maybe the Legend would be a better choice. I did absolutely enjoy the Pride. Thanks again.

I did the Legend with those same stops in May. It was a great cruise. I loved the ports and the ship itself. Granted there may be more kids in August compared to May, and there's a *chance* that a hurricane may make it so you go to completely different ports, but I would still do the Legend in August... or anytime of the year!

The Valor sails out of Miami, right? My only cruise was the Legend; I have never even been to Miami. But I can say that the Port in Tampa was easy in and easy out, and sailing under the Sunshine Skyway was a definate plus!

I also go to same places pasts febuary. belise is very sad place to go. people do not have money. Da people are very dirty. if i must choose for you i would choose different places. like you should go to mexico on da pacific side. very nice ports there.

next month at da end i will go to porto rico on da Victory. My makuahine (mother) say it is very good cruise. she tell me valor is dirty when she go in april. you must try victory then go to legend. you will have good time on victory.

Archived